The Children's Place

www.childrensplace.com

Not the worst job.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Aurora, IL

ProsA generally upbeat environment. There is a camaraderie among associates, and my store manager is usually very positive. Typically understanding of flexibility needs.

ConsThere are a lot of politics going around management, and it's easy for the associates to get dragged into it.

Corporate doesn't seem to be very understanding of what it's actually like to work in one of their stores, and often demands (on short or no notice) large changes in the store, that must be done in one night.

On-Call shifts are a major pain. I hate not knowing if I have to work until an hour before. It makes plans impossible.

The "Yes I Can" policy tramples over every other company policy. There are sometimes situations with customers when, according to "Yes I Can," I should do what they want me to do, even though it's been made perfectly clear that breaking X policy can result in termination. It leaves associates conflicted.

Raises are a joke. After working there a full year and getting a good review ("exceeds expectations" in one category and "meets expectations" in all others), I got a raise of 22 cents.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more notice and allow more payroll for PPP, window, and floorset changes.

Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

I worked at The Children's Place full-time for more than a year

Pros: Exceptional pay and vacation plus sick time, considering the overall volume the store does each year. Flexible Schedule Learn a lot by… Cons: Payroll management is difficult. They tell you to hire a lot of people seasonally but current staff does not get any hours. Need more payroll… Advice to Senior Management: Don't pay store managers, assistant managers and co-managers so much and sales associates so… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

As store manager you get beat up all way around with no Support from DMs.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Detroit Beach, MI

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: It used to be the quality of the clothes Cons: The people that run the stores work their Butt's off but are continually accused of being screwups. Goodluck ever hearing that you've done something right.… Advice to Senior Management: Realize that the little people running your stores are the ones making you rich. Invest in them. Invest in a 2012 replenishment system. Actually work… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on The Children's Place.

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!