The Children's Place
www.childrensplace.com Secaucus, NJ 5000+ Employees

As store manager you get beat up all way around with no Support from DMs.

Detroit Beach, MI

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIt used to be the quality of the clothes

ConsThe people that run the stores work their Butt's off but are continually accused of being screwups. Goodluck ever hearing that you've done something right. As store manager employees hate you because your told to work them minimal hours with call shifts. Customers hate you because the rules are always changing for them. And DMs go to twofaced school to be uncaring unrealistic egomaniacs with a passion for power.Oh and whatever you do don't develop an illness they will spend forever not following the laws that are supposed to protect you and make your life a living hell until you quit.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that the little people running your stores are the ones making you rich. Invest in them. Invest in a 2012 replenishment system. Actually work a store for a week in real time you and one sales associate. Then report to us that all the insane tasks that are supposed to be done in a shift cant really be done.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Family Centric? Yeah right

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time for more than a year

Pros: fashion forward clothing at a reasonable price. i loved my… Cons: poor wages. long hours with no overtime pay as a salaried mgr. they just did a re structure and several ppl lost their jobs. the… Advice to Senior Management: care more about the people who work their tails off… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

terrible

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
Yonkers, NY

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time for less than a year

Pros: employees and co workers are cool Cons: turnover and looking to fire employees Advice to Senior Management: look further into store matters No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on The Children's Place.

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Children's Place reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Children's Place CEO Jane Elfers. All reviews posted anonymously by The Children's Place employees.