There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Not worth the work

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Tulsa, OK

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (less than an year)

Pros

At the time, It was decent pay, until I figured out what the other management made
Sometime cute kids
Paid holidays
Relatively easy, you could get away with doing nothing.

Cons

The customers are the worst!. I had several threaten me.

The company had a "yes we can" attitude so the customer is always right which is crap because they basically can do whatever they want. and most times they get a better discount than employees

Corporate has no idea what goes on in the stores, if they did they wouldn't throw things on us last minute and demand it done fast.

There is no coverage, some days it will be me and 1 associate all day and still the same amount of work

No work/life balance for store manager. she worked like 60-70 hours a week which made her pay like 12 bucks an hour.

They promise you vacation time but half of the year is blacked out so you cant even use it anyways

I had over 50 hours of PTO when I left and I didn't see a penny.

They never want to promote from within. They always look outside the company which isn't fair for the associates who want to move up.

Some customers don't take care of their kids and let the kids run around and trashing the store

The store I worked at was really small but it was the largest volume in the district so it was hard to get items on the floor, there was barely any space to shop.

I left the company because I moved to a different state. My DM was very uncooperative and wouldn't really help me transfer until the last minute when the only position open was a sales lead that offered only 10 dollars an hour. A sales lead is the same thing as a manager just part time. Its basically a way for the company to pay a manager less but its the same amount of work. This job isnt worth the money. You get treated like poo so much

I worked really hard for the company and in the end I wasn't appreciated. Other managers broke rules and got praised for it.

Try promoting from within. Dont pass up associates that have been there for years and bring someone new that doesnt know the business.

525 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

As store manager you get beat up all way around with no Support from DMs.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit Beach, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit Beach, MI

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It used to be the quality of the clothes

Cons

The people that run the stores work their Butt's off but are continually accused of being screwups. Goodluck ever hearing that you've done something right. As store manager employees hate you because your told to work them minimal hours with call shifts. Customers hate you because the rules are always changing for them. And DMs go to twofaced school to be uncaring unrealistic egomaniacs with a passion for power.Oh and whatever you do don't develop an illness they will spend forever not following the laws that are supposed to protect you and make your life a living hell until you quit.

Realize that the little people running your stores are the ones making you rich. Invest in them. Invest in a 2012 replenishment system. Actually work a store for a week in real time you and one sales associate. Then report to us that all the insane tasks that are supposed to be done in a shift cant really be done.

terrible

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Yonkers, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Yonkers, NY

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (less than an year)

Pros

employees and co workers are cool

Cons

turnover and looking to fire employees

look further into store matters

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place