There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Not worth the work

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Tulsa, OK

I worked at The Children's Place full-time for less than a year

Pros

At the time, It was decent pay, until I figured out what the other management made
Sometime cute kids
Paid holidays
Relatively easy, you could get away with doing nothing.

Cons

The customers are the worst!. I had several threaten me.

The company had a "yes we can" attitude so the customer is always right which is crap because they basically can do whatever they want. and most times they get a better discount than employees

Corporate has no idea what goes on in the stores, if they did they wouldn't throw things on us last minute and demand it done fast.

There is no coverage, some days it will be me and 1 associate all day and still the same amount of work

No work/life balance for store manager. she worked like 60-70 hours a week which made her pay like 12 bucks an hour.

They promise you vacation time but half of the year is blacked out so you cant even use it anyways

I had over 50 hours of PTO when I left and I didn't see a penny.

They never want to promote from within. They always look outside the company which isn't fair for the associates who want to move up.

Some customers don't take care of their kids and let the kids run around and trashing the store

The store I worked at was really small but it was the largest volume in the district so it was hard to get items on the floor, there was barely any space to shop.

I left the company because I moved to a different state. My DM was very uncooperative and wouldn't really help me transfer until the last minute when the only position open was a sales lead that offered only 10 dollars an hour. A sales lead is the same thing as a manager just part time. Its basically a way for the company to pay a manager less but its the same amount of work. This job isnt worth the money. You get treated like poo so much

I worked really hard for the company and in the end I wasn't appreciated. Other managers broke rules and got praised for it.

Try promoting from within. Dont pass up associates that have been there for years and bring someone new that doesnt know the business.

508 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

terrible

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Yonkers, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Yonkers, NY

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time for less than a year

Pros

employees and co workers are cool

Cons

turnover and looking to fire employees

look further into store matters

Not the worst job.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, IL

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time for more than a year

Pros

A generally upbeat environment. There is a camaraderie among associates, and my store manager is usually very positive. Typically understanding of flexibility needs.

Cons

There are a lot of politics going around management, and it's easy for the associates to get dragged into it.

Corporate doesn't seem to be very understanding of what it's actually like to work in one of their stores, and often demands (on short or no notice) large changes in the store, that must be done in one night.

On-Call shifts are a major pain. I hate not knowing if I have to work until an hour before. It makes plans impossible.

The "Yes I Can" policy tramples over every other company policy. There are sometimes situations with customers when, according to "Yes I Can," I should do what they want me to do, even though it's been made perfectly clear that breaking X policy can result in termination. It leaves associates conflicted.

Raises are a joke. After working there a full year and getting a good review ("exceeds expectations" in one category and "meets expectations" in all others), I got a raise of 22 cents.

Give more notice and allow more payroll for PPP, window, and floorset changes.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!