The Children's Place

www.childrensplace.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

stressful environment to work in

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

pay is good for SSMs, but low for everyone else considering the workload.

Cons

payroll allocations, product flow, applications sensoring. Outdated procedures. My advice... stay away.

three coverage is needed everyday that there is more taht 15 boxes of shipment coming in because of the outdated processing. Also, FFirst is a great idea, SO GIVE US THE HOURS TO DO THAT! Company praises on work life balance, but all major events and sets this year have fallen on holidays. Mothers day, fathers day, etc. This may not effect you in the coporate building, but think of us at a store level. We are PISSED to have to work late on these important dates consistantly.

631 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

Stay Away

Current Employee - Keyholder
    Current Employee - Keyholder

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

there really aren't any; i've worked with some great people and some bad people, but that's the same at any store or with any company.

Cons

corporate management is disorganized and changes frequently, wages are low and raises rarely happen, understaffing during business hours puts unrealistic expectations on employees, the customers treat employees very poorly and bring in very badly behaved children, the merchandise is poor quality and comes from countries that use sweatshops.

give your employees are reason to care about their jobs, and maybe they will.

Welcome to the Children's Place, how tough are you?

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Wide range of skills to develop, personal growth, relaxed and friendly coworkers and management, good product, exciting...and don't forget the pizza parties.

Cons

Manages to be both overstaffed and understaffed at the same time. They're always hiring but none of the core associates get full-time hours. If you're a full-time sales associate they treat you like their slave, especially if they know you're childless. There was one time when I was essentially unemployed because sales were down and they could not afford to pay me. A lot, and I mean a LOT, of work and skill for just above minimum wage.

If you're only willing to provide minimum hours and minimum pay, don't expect more than minimum work. Treat employees and loer management with respect.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place