The Children's Place

www.childrensplace.com

Run away FAST!

Current Employee - Key Holder
Current Employee - Key Holder

Pros

Honestly, If you have no other choice than to work here would be a pro. The discount is whatever since the prices are already painfully low.

Cons

The price point is low, so that allows for low payroll hours. There are no hours given for shipment received. The price point changes are vague and visual marketing is confusing. Also no extra hours given for sign changes. Coming from Justice, this company is severely lacking. Over communication of pointless things and lacking communication of important things. There is a lot of stress on the associates to complete multiple tasks and they only get like 8 hours a week. Over worked, probably under paid, and under appreciated. As a key-holder I definitely feel the pressure to complete a lot of tasks and feel the pain of the associates. I'm currently seeking another job and will leave here as soon as I can. The merchandise is good quality, the customers (at my location, I can't speak for others) are awful, cheap, demanding, and rude, dare I throw out a "racist" since no one ever wants my help but will gladly try to complain to corporate that I was a racist to them. I'm a hardworking employee raised by two United States Marines. I have the work ethic to go very far and won't stay at this company to chase my own tail. Such a letdown, because this company could be great.

Raise your price point so that you can afford more hours to payroll. You have way too many demands and don't realize how long it takes to do these tasks.

Other reviews for The Children's Place

stressful environment to work in

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

pay is good for SSMs, but low for everyone else considering the workload.

Cons

payroll allocations, product flow, applications sensoring. Outdated procedures. My advice... stay away.

three coverage is needed everyday that there is more taht 15 boxes of shipment coming in because of the outdated processing. Also, FFirst is a great idea, SO GIVE US THE HOURS TO DO THAT! Company praises on work life balance, but all major events and sets this year have fallen on holidays. Mothers day, fathers day, etc. This may not effect you in the coporate building, but think of us at a store level. We are PISSED to have to work late on these important dates consistantly.

Stay Away

Current Employee - Keyholder
    Current Employee - Keyholder

Pros

there really aren't any; i've worked with some great people and some bad people, but that's the same at any store or with any company.

Cons

corporate management is disorganized and changes frequently, wages are low and raises rarely happen, understaffing during business hours puts unrealistic expectations on employees, the customers treat employees very poorly and bring in very badly behaved children, the merchandise is poor quality and comes from countries that use sweatshops.

give your employees are reason to care about their jobs, and maybe they will.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place.

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!