The Children's Place
www.childrensplace.com Secaucus, NJ 5000+ Employees

Run away FAST!

Key Holder (Current Employee)

ProsHonestly, If you have no other choice than to work here would be a pro. The discount is whatever since the prices are already painfully low.

ConsThe price point is low, so that allows for low payroll hours. There are no hours given for shipment received. The price point changes are vague and visual marketing is confusing. Also no extra hours given for sign changes. Coming from Justice, this company is severely lacking. Over communication of pointless things and lacking communication of important things. There is a lot of stress on the associates to complete multiple tasks and they only get like 8 hours a week. Over worked, probably under paid, and under appreciated. As a key-holder I definitely feel the pressure to complete a lot of tasks and feel the pain of the associates. I'm currently seeking another job and will leave here as soon as I can. The merchandise is good quality, the customers (at my location, I can't speak for others) are awful, cheap, demanding, and rude, dare I throw out a "racist" since no one ever wants my help but will gladly try to complain to corporate that I was a racist to them. I'm a hardworking employee raised by two United States Marines. I have the work ethic to go very far and won't stay at this company to chase my own tail. Such a letdown, because this company could be great.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise your price point so that you can afford more hours to payroll. You have way too many demands and don't realize how long it takes to do these tasks.

Can be very rewarding with the right leadership in place.

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time

Pros: - Very good pay for retail industry. - Employee discount was just increased. - Excellent product for the price. - Can be… Cons: - Large disconnect between corporate and store level in what it is actually like to be in a store and how long tasks realistically take… Advice to Senior Management: - Stop creating unnecessary, extra side projects for store level leaders. Let us focus on our teams, and most importantly the customer. -… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Decent Experiance

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at The Children's Place part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Awesome managers, pay, time off, understanding company. Cons: Strict rules not adhered to, customer usually gets away with… Advice to Senior Management: Stick to the rules and regulations set forth by the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on The Children's Place.

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Children's Place reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Children's Place CEO Jane Elfers. All reviews posted anonymously by The Children's Place employees.