The Children's Place

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Excellent Internship

Former Employee - Intern in Secaucus, NJ
Former Employee - Intern in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (less than an year)

Pros

did a lot of work for the department but also went on trips, had multiple training sessions (team building, public speaking, business writing, etc.), and an intern project to create a new product line that was then presented to jane elfers and other top execs. HR was extremely helpful throughout the whole experience. weekly meetings to make sure everyone was doing well. was never treated as the intern that just makes copies. actually did important work, sat in on meetings

Cons

no one really knows childrens place even offers and internship program but definitely look into it because its great experience

579 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

Review of the children's place

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Homestead, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Homestead, PA

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (more than an year)

Pros

30% employee discount and the people I work with

Cons

Some of the management needs to get off there high horses and be more appreciative towards the associates. Too many changes all the time . Too much work for little pay.

Come in the store and see what's it like having to deal with the constant changing of price changes or floor set

Ok, but very demanding.

Former Employee - Stock Associate in Mesquite, TX
    Former Employee - Stock Associate in Mesquite, TX

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers, friendly customers, good discount.

Cons

I personally worked on stock. It was very demanding when you have to "beat the box". They told me we have to process 10 or more boxes an hour. Usually worked a 4 hour shift a day, so they wanted me to do 40 boxes in that 4-hour shift. I can't do 10 boxes an hour and attend the customers if they need me searching for a different size in the back. Its just ridiculous the time we have to process each box. They never really trained you properly and wanted you to know how everything was supposed to go (for example: is it hanged or folded, censored or not, on the floor or the back). By the time you learned everything a new season floor set and clothes came in, now you have to learn the new one too. On our store we have to many new hires and associates who were already there suffered major hour cuts. I was stock and I still had to help them with redoing the floor sets all through the night until 4-5 a.m. They also had set goals to sell so many place cards or such and such, very unrealistic goals to begin with. If they thought you were not promoting it at every customer coming in through the doors you were yelled at. It was always unorganized in the back, I tried to re-organize everything I could but the next day it would be messy again, so I quit trying.

Review everything to make it more easy going on your associates and have a good amount of workers and not just hire a ton of new people and then everybody suffers from low hours.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place