The Children's Place

www.childrensplace.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

A Great Place To Work

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Job security; competitive wages; app. 4 weeks of PTO time; sick time allotted; management user friendly

Cons

Sick time does not roll over; no air conditioning in 90 % of work areas

Due to the increased volume of being the only distribution center we could use some updates to increase the proficiency of production in supplying our retail stores.

635 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

Impossible to live on.

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The job itself is fun. I enjoy working the register, handling exchanges/returns, etc, and always having something to do, whether it's processing shipment, replenishing, or helping a mom put together an outfit. The boss was very understanding about my inability to work weekends, and the co-workers were all very nice. Any time I needed help, my boss was out there instantly to help me.

Cons

The pay is awful and the hours are worse. I am getting a total of FIVE hours a week. Even then, my five hour day was cut down to four. That is my biggest complaint. I am available Mon-Fri, but I'm getting one day a week. Even then, management continues to hire more employees. Management is very nice, but sometimes very disorganized. I've had my schedule changed without even being notified, and when I would show up to work, all I would be told is that they changed it and I have to go home. Call-in's are also very annoying. They will temporarily schedule you for a shift, but you have to call an hour before the scheduled time to see if they will even use your shift. 99% of the time, they don't use your call-in, and you end up staying home anyway.

STOP hiring excessive amounts of employees and give the rest of us actual hours. I didn't apply here to work four hours a week.

Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I like the 30% discount and the employee appreciation weekends when our discount is 40%... I also like how part time employees can enroll in a 401k plan.

Cons

I hate the 4 hour shifts and the the call in shifts. I also hate that they took the per diem option away. I hate the fact that raises are not determined by tenure and individual performance; they are determined by the overall success rate (revenue) of the store. I also hate the near minimum wage pay ($8.00 per hour). I also hate the "company standards" of processing 10-12 boxes of shipment per shift. That goal is unrealistic, considering we only have 4 hour shifts and also have other tasks to complete as well such as assisting customers, answering phones, operating the cash register and restocking the sales floor with merchandise.

I would advise management to have more incentives for hourly employees who perform well (i.e. maintain high phone, email, Place Cards, and Place Rewards accounts). I would also advise management to encourage more promotion from within and to have a manager in training program where current employees and potential applicants with college degrees can qualify for managerial positions. I say this because I know a few Children's Place employees with college degrees (including myself) or currently perusing college degrees in hourly low paying positions with no potential for promotion, while there are people holding managerial positions without high school diplomas. Also all stores should be closed on major holidays such as Thanksgiving, because the chances of "making the day" or meeting projected sales goals are slim to none since most potential customers are spending time with their loved ones, which employees should be doing as well. Also, corporate visits should be unannounced to store managers. This way corporate can get a more accurate understanding of how the store is maintained on a regular basis.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place