The Children's Place

www.childrensplace.com
  www.childrensplace.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

A Great Place To Work

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Job security; competitive wages; app. 4 weeks of PTO time; sick time allotted; management user friendly

Cons

Sick time does not roll over; no air conditioning in 90 % of work areas

Due to the increased volume of being the only distribution center we could use some updates to increase the proficiency of production in supplying our retail stores.

579 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

Impossible to live on.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The job itself is fun. I enjoy working the register, handling exchanges/returns, etc, and always having something to do, whether it's processing shipment, replenishing, or helping a mom put together an outfit. The boss was very understanding about my inability to work weekends, and the co-workers were all very nice. Any time I needed help, my boss was out there instantly to help me.

Cons

The pay is awful and the hours are worse. I am getting a total of FIVE hours a week. Even then, my five hour day was cut down to four. That is my biggest complaint. I am available Mon-Fri, but I'm getting one day a week. Even then, management continues to hire more employees. Management is very nice, but sometimes very disorganized. I've had my schedule changed without even being notified, and when I would show up to work, all I would be told is that they changed it and I have to go home. Call-in's are also very annoying. They will temporarily schedule you for a shift, but you have to call an hour before the scheduled time to see if they will even use your shift. 99% of the time, they don't use your call-in, and you end up staying home anyway.

STOP hiring excessive amounts of employees and give the rest of us actual hours. I didn't apply here to work four hours a week.

I really enjoyed working at The Children's Place

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The discount is pretty good, the stores are nice and usually easy to keep clean. They do a good job at customer service and put a lot of emphasis on making sure the customer is happy and the store is easy to shop. Room for growth up to the store manager level. Decent pay.

Cons

Corporate pushes really hard for employees to get credit apps. which can be really difficult. A lot of people don't want them.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place