The Children's Place

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Ok, but very demanding.

Former Employee - Stock Associate in Mesquite, TX
Former Employee - Stock Associate in Mesquite, TX

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, friendly customers, good discount.

Cons

I personally worked on stock. It was very demanding when you have to "beat the box". They told me we have to process 10 or more boxes an hour. Usually worked a 4 hour shift a day, so they wanted me to do 40 boxes in that 4-hour shift. I can't do 10 boxes an hour and attend the customers if they need me searching for a different size in the back. Its just ridiculous the time we have to process each box. They never really trained you properly and wanted you to know how everything was supposed to go (for example: is it hanged or folded, censored or not, on the floor or the back). By the time you learned everything a new season floor set and clothes came in, now you have to learn the new one too. On our store we have to many new hires and associates who were already there suffered major hour cuts. I was stock and I still had to help them with redoing the floor sets all through the night until 4-5 a.m. They also had set goals to sell so many place cards or such and such, very unrealistic goals to begin with. If they thought you were not promoting it at every customer coming in through the doors you were yelled at. It was always unorganized in the back, I tried to re-organize everything I could but the next day it would be messy again, so I quit trying.

Review everything to make it more easy going on your associates and have a good amount of workers and not just hire a ton of new people and then everybody suffers from low hours.

630 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

It's an OK experience...

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Upper Marlboro, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Upper Marlboro, MD

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Employee Discount 30%, Good quality cute clothes, The Children and customers.

Cons

Not enough hours, frequent company policy changes, on call shifts, work every weekend and evenings, heavy workload within four hour shift, left on floor alone often, too many unrealistic goals, not enough employee associate recognition.

Make more realistic goals, give customers more notice in advance before changing policies, and hire managers who are equipped to do their job well, and recognize sale associates for the hard work we do as well even if it's for four hours.

Hell

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The co workers are great

Cons

Leadership is horrible and there is no advancement for hard work, only for kissing butt

Leave