The Children's Place

www.childrensplace.com

A company I would never recommend

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Secaucus, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Pros

I enjoyed working with my Co-workers/Direct Team Members.

Cons

Too many to name. Here are a few examples - Lack of systems, unrealistic workload, 60-70 hour work weeks expected, no direction or strategy, a growth strategy based on cost only, lack of culture - honestly no culture at all, a horrific CEO & leadership (I have trouble even referring or calling them a leadership) team, management by fear and on and on it goes... I have never worked at a company where I have seen so much turnover at all levels - Upper Management - Executive, VP, Director and Worker Bee levels.

My advice is to the Board - reevaluate your CEO and leadership (lack there of) team. There is a ton of potential at TCP, but it will never be realized with the current team in place.

Other reviews for The Children's Place

One of the hardest companys to work for.

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Roseville, CA

Pros

30% discount on cute kids clothes.

Cons

You get no support from the company. You are not given tools to help you succeed. The work load is very unrealistic. There is so much pressure to get so much done that you have nothing but stress. There is never any appreciation for anything achieved. There is never any payroll hours to get hugefloorsets done. Every week you have tons of shipment, price changes, and you get in trouble when it does not get done but you don't have the hours to do it. Customers are awful and corporate is not much better.

Nice Co-workers and managers but ridiculous work and expectance

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

The managers were really nice and they were understanding about most things. Polite and respectful customers can really make your day,

Cons

Closing in this store is dreadful. During the day, kids would be running around the place like it is a day care center with no adults. By the end of the day, the place would look like a tornado hit it. Sometimes, closing associates would have to stay till 1 or 2 am to close the store. I never understood why they couldn't call more people to come in so everyone can leave earlier..Oh and, customers can be very very rude.

Be more respectful of your associate's schedules. We are working minimum wage for too much!

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place.

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!