Task Driven Childrens Retail

Former Employee - Management in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Management in Baltimore, MD

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The brand representatives have close family-like relationship within each store. We are cross trained in every aspect of the retail business from direct customer sevice, cash handling, merchandising in addition to shipping and receiving. If retail is your career of choice the company works hard to develop you for upper management postions.

Cons

The environment is extremely task driven.As a result we tend to have a high tunrover rate. If you are not a multi-tasker this is not the ideal enviornment. Their seems to be a lack in communication between the workload our home office requires in a time frame and what we can actually product in the store in that designated time frame.

Advice to Management

I wish HQ would ask brand reps for suggestions on how to improve existing merchandsie or what things would encourage company retention.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Exhausting and Humiliating

I worked at The Children's Place (More than a year)

Pros

Great Sales Associates If you enjoy customer interaction this will be a great job for you Discount insensitives are good

Cons

The pay does not equal the amount of work you put in, they will work you until you want to quit for as little pay as they can get. It is hard to work for this company if you have a family as the hours are crazy and you will definitely be pulling some overnights. Very little upward mobility.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to be more aware of their employees moral and overall health. While this is a discount retailer sometimes you need to focus more on the customers than the money as in the long term you will gain more income.

2. Not Good or Bad

I worked at The Children's Place

Pros

Has good benefits, most employees are very friendly to one another.

Cons

Often times, it's takes a while to get information from upper management while it's so easy for them to demand the work they need.