There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Great company to work for with great benefits

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Riverdale, UT
Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Riverdale, UT

I worked at The Children's Place full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are a very organized business and you received 17 days of paid vacation and 7 days of paid sick leave

Cons

They rearranged the store quite often and they set sales even more often and had short deadlines that we were expected to meet.

It would be nice if the people that made the decisions on how the store needed to be set up for sales had actually set them themselves because they were really hard to set and a lot of unneccessary changes.

507 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

Love my fellow employees but the hours are way too low

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible scheduling, great staff, nice customers, good for people seeking 0-15 hrs

Cons

On calls make you not able to plan your day, shoplifters, manager plays favorites sometimes, not enough hours or pay

Don't have your stores hire more people seasonally if they are only going to get 5 hours a week. POINTLESS!

Task Driven Childrens Retail

Former Employee - Management  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Management in Baltimore, MD

I worked at The Children's Place full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The brand representatives have close family-like relationship within each store. We are cross trained in every aspect of the retail business from direct customer sevice, cash handling, merchandising in addition to shipping and receiving. If retail is your career of choice the company works hard to develop you for upper management postions.

Cons

The environment is extremely task driven.As a result we tend to have a high tunrover rate. If you are not a multi-tasker this is not the ideal enviornment. Their seems to be a lack in communication between the workload our home office requires in a time frame and what we can actually product in the store in that designated time frame.

I wish HQ would ask brand reps for suggestions on how to improve existing merchandsie or what things would encourage company retention.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!