There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Pleasant but a company that's still growing

Current Employee - Sales Lead  in  Okemos, MI
Current Employee - Sales Lead in Okemos, MI

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Pay
Flexible Hours
Decent discount
Not too taxing physically

Cons

Associates don't receive many hours
Upper management doesnt care about anything
Expectations are unrealistic with payroll

Get your stuff together

513 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

Stay away!!!

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Analyst in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at The Children's Place full-time for more than a year

Pros

23 days of PTO, Summer Fridays, Unlimited sick time. Decent Pay....

Cons

There are so many don't think I have enough space.

Ok lefts begin. Management sucks. They have no clue to what is actually going on. The majority are rude and don't even say hello unless you do first. It is sad that some of them have not grown up from high school and dish out that "Mean Girls" attitude to their employees and treat them like crap. People all have their cliques and if your not up to the standards you are isolated from the group and that is when the great stuff happens if you know what i mean...Company is very political and if you kiss up to the right people you will get ahead. Management and HR totally disregards people are more qualified than the inexperienced brown noses that get promoted. You make call outs and they are never taken into account. God forbid you complain to HR then you get turned into the bad guy and things become even worse. i feel that all of these higher up fools are all connected and have each others backs. The amount of gossip that goes on is more than the actual work that is done. I have seen and heard Senior Management discussing co workers and shredding them to pieces. Totally unprofessional!!! Certain rules apply for some and others get away scott free...I have worked in many places and what I have seen is beyond belief. I always thought that it was bs and that these things don't happen or are only in the movies. Rest assure you will find it at TCP!

Love my fellow employees but the hours are way too low

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible scheduling, great staff, nice customers, good for people seeking 0-15 hrs

Cons

On calls make you not able to plan your day, shoplifters, manager plays favorites sometimes, not enough hours or pay

Don't have your stores hire more people seasonally if they are only going to get 5 hours a week. POINTLESS!

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!