There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Great company that went down hill... FAST!!!

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Depending on the store there are great customers and great fellow employees.

Cons

Company is clueless as what it takes to train and keep employees. Expected to have no life and drop everything for TCP. Pay more to new hires than promotes. Very un-organized, send through info at the last minute and expect you to drop everything and get it done then with no additional payroll.

Stop overhauling the stores and consider starting with a management change, at the very top!

525 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

No hours to do a mountain of work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great discount, wear jeans to work everyday, great prices, upbeat music to work to

Cons

Minimal pay with maximum expectations, hours are always being cut, wasted money on marketing all the time, very little opportunity for advancement

Stop spending a ton of money on unnecessary marketing. Value your employees. Store managers get crazy vacation and PTO but part-timers get low pay.

Went downhill quickly

Former Employee - Sales Lead
    Former Employee - Sales Lead

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I initially liked my job at the Children's Place. Worked part time as a sales associate before getting promoted to sales lead. Seems to be small room for working up in the company. Pretty good about scheduling for sales associates.

Cons

The entire staff I worked with was entirely female, with one guy in the back doing stock, extremely sexist. Working with so many girls got irritating, especially since they're young and immature.
    Got written up for being physically assaulted and threatened because "I needed to watch the way I spoke to people." I never had any other complaints. Got ganged up on by other management so I quit and found an easier job with higher pay than my management pay.

Needs to be a more diverse staff to benefit the company and the employees. Higher pay for physically demanding position.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place