The Children's Place

www.childrensplace.com
  www.childrensplace.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Great company that went down hill... FAST!!!

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Depending on the store there are great customers and great fellow employees.

Cons

Company is clueless as what it takes to train and keep employees. Expected to have no life and drop everything for TCP. Pay more to new hires than promotes. Very un-organized, send through info at the last minute and expect you to drop everything and get it done then with no additional payroll.

Stop overhauling the stores and consider starting with a management change, at the very top!

556 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

Went downhill quickly

Former Employee - Sales Lead
    Former Employee - Sales Lead

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I initially liked my job at the Children's Place. Worked part time as a sales associate before getting promoted to sales lead. Seems to be small room for working up in the company. Pretty good about scheduling for sales associates.

Cons

The entire staff I worked with was entirely female, with one guy in the back doing stock, extremely sexist. Working with so many girls got irritating, especially since they're young and immature.
    Got written up for being physically assaulted and threatened because "I needed to watch the way I spoke to people." I never had any other complaints. Got ganged up on by other management so I quit and found an easier job with higher pay than my management pay.

Needs to be a more diverse staff to benefit the company and the employees. Higher pay for physically demanding position.

Highly political, hierarchy, more important to fit into corrupt culture than to be good at what you do.

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

PTO and employee morale was good.

Cons

The work was mundane and routine. Senior management and others need to learn basic interpersonal skills and get out of their own heads and work silos. Some employees with influence due to longevity with the company are not open to change or newness and hold onto their projects too tightly, not allowing you to have influence. It's either done their way or it's considered wrong. My VP wasn't a good leader. The person used their arrogance as a weapon, acted cowardly on many occasions and unprofessional, speaking about past employee confidential matters. The person also played favorites versus recognizing true talent and holding onto it. Environment is extremely gossipy and unprofessional. A complete waste of my time, talent, creativity and energy. Onto bigger and better things!

Lose your egos and focus on the business of The Children's Place.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place