Way too much expected

Former Employee - Stock Supervisor  in  Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Stock Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at The Children's Place part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Discount on clothes for your children

Cons

This company pays way too little and expects way too much.I worked there for a total of 5 years and I was there longer than all of the other employees combined. High turnover usually means not a good company to work for. In this case that was very true. It worked for me until they changed the availability requirements. I no longer met the requirements so I was thrown away without so much as a thank you.

Please think about the people that actually run your stores and not just $$$$ dollar signs.

Other Reviews for The Children's Place

If you are looking for a company that is task driven vs sales driven, this is the company to work for.

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at The Children's Place full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Resources and tools to help drive business were accessible.

Cons

Hours are minimal for the amount of tasks that are expected daily. As we know retail can be a very challenging job when it comes to hours allocation to the stores tasks. TCP never supported the store to complete floorsets, markdowns, pos sale set up, and shipment processing. Leaving very little focus or even actual associates to provide any kind of customer experience.
    Assortment of clothing each season do not change much. Repeat customers would get frustrated seeing the same items over and over again.

Look at the hours given to stores. Visit store unannounced to see the real picture. So much payroll goes into store visits from RM and above when in reality all stores should be visit ready at all times. Invest in the stores so that customer service truly can be a focus over the task.
    A training program for management candidates is desperately needed. Get all management to be on same page during the on boarding process.

not bad forbeginners

Former Employee - MGT  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - MGT in New York, NY

I worked at The Children's Place full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good pay benefits health insurance

Cons

people too many chiefs deciding

read

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place.

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!