Stay away!!!

Former Employee - Analyst in Secaucus, NJ
Former Employee - Analyst in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than a year)

Pros

23 days of PTO, Summer Fridays, Unlimited sick time. Decent Pay....

Cons

There are so many don't think I have enough space.

Advice to Management

Ok lefts begin. Management sucks. They have no clue to what is actually going on. The majority are rude and don't even say hello unless you do first. It is sad that some of them have not grown up from high school and dish out that "Mean Girls" attitude to their employees and treat them like crap. People all have their cliques and if your not up to the standards you are isolated from the group and that is when the great stuff happens if you know what i mean...Company is very political and if you kiss up to the right people you will get ahead. Management and HR totally disregards people are more qualified than the inexperienced brown noses that get promoted. You make call outs and they are never taken into account. God forbid you complain to HR then you get turned into the bad guy and things become even worse. i feel that all of these higher up fools are all connected and have each others backs. The amount of gossip that goes on is more than the actual work that is done. I have seen and heard Senior Management discussing co workers and shredding them to pieces. Totally unprofessional!!! Certain rules apply for some and others get away scott free...I have worked in many places and what I have seen is beyond belief. I always thought that it was bs and that these things don't happen or are only in the movies. Rest assure you will find it at TCP!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Task Driven Childrens Retail

Former Employee - Management in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Management in Baltimore, MD

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The brand representatives have close family-like relationship within each store. We are cross trained in every aspect of the retail business from direct customer sevice, cash handling, merchandising in addition to shipping and receiving. If retail is your career of choice the company works hard to develop you for upper management postions.

Cons

The environment is extremely task driven.As a result we tend to have a high tunrover rate. If you are not a multi-tasker this is not the ideal enviornment. Their seems to be a lack in communication between the workload our home office requires in a time frame and what we can actually product in the store in that designated time frame.

Advice to Management

I wish HQ would ask brand reps for suggestions on how to improve existing merchandsie or what things would encourage company retention.

2. Love my fellow employees but the hours are way too low

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible scheduling, great staff, nice customers, good for people seeking 0-15 hrs

Cons

On calls make you not able to plan your day, shoplifters, manager plays favorites sometimes, not enough hours or pay

Advice to Management

Don't have your stores hire more people seasonally if they are only going to get 5 hours a week. POINTLESS!