There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Great overall team work - bad management choices

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team works well together. The company offers flexible schedules. The employees receive average pay for their positions.

Cons

Too much favoritism - employees should be promoted and rewarded based on quality of work and experience, not "who you know". Also, store managers should have experience and knowledge of the company and it's products before being promoted to store manager. I do not think it is right for a company to have it's team associates training the management.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overworked and under appreciated

Current Employee - Corp Manager Level in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Corp Manager Level in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for a lot of vertical retail companies and they all have a number of challenges but TCP exceeded all my expectations in terms of the number of challenges I encountered.

They did not put a clause in my contract that I would l have to stay a year otherwise I would have to play my relocation back

Cons

The managements has no vision on how to grow the business unless you consider that fact that they want to reduce the costing to improve margins or share buyback to improve EPS year over year.

When you attend a quarterly review and all the talk is about reducing the quality of the merchandise to reduce the first cost price its very concerning. If you are reducing costs with costs are going in the entire market they you are going against the tide. You can move every program to Africa to get your costing done......can you

Advice to Management

LIsten to all the call outs that were made in the culture survey and you ever going to release the results to the company.
    SAP retail....what company in North America is investing on a software program for retail that no one in the industry uses.

Way too much expected

Former Employee - Stock Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Stock Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Discount on clothes for your children

Cons

This company pays way too little and expects way too much.I worked there for a total of 5 years and I was there longer than all of the other employees combined. High turnover usually means not a good company to work for. In this case that was very true. It worked for me until they changed the availability requirements. I no longer met the requirements so I was thrown away without so much as a thank you.

Advice to Management

Please think about the people that actually run your stores and not just $$$$ dollar signs.