Stressful

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Competitive pay. Fun clothing for kids.

Cons

Workload expectations are outrageous. Company is slowly taking hours away, which results in store manager working overtime on a salary pay. Corporate is trying to change so many things that its creating chaos. No work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Have realistic expectations for your stores. Support your stores with payroll!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

OMG!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Payne, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Payne, AL

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time

Pros

The management team that started the distribution center in Alabama was the BEST you could ask for. They cared about the associates, there were ample opportunities for advancement and the leadership couldn't be surpassed by anyone. That didn't last long!

Cons

The entire management team was replaced and not for the better. Upper management doesn't care about the associates or how hard they work. You would think that there would be some appreciation for the fact that you are working in miserable heat but they only seem to care about the associates that don't work and complain all the time. There is little to no training for new hires. They are thrown into an area for 5 minutes and hope that some info sinks in before they are moved on to another task. And god forbid you question authority or have an opinion. Upper management says they require honesty and integrity from their entire management team but I have seen more liars and manipulators walk thru than anything else. It's actually sad that what once started out as the best company I have ever had the pleasure of working for has turned into the place that makes a person physically sick to walk in to.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the current practices taking place within the DC.

2. Love it!

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot on the job, get a great discount. I love my job!

Cons

I have none. I would just like to say that, I guess it all depends on the store you work for, because it seems a lot of people had different experiences. It could be because of their work ethic, or they were bad employees, or maybe you did have a bad management team. I love mine, we are like a little family. We all work well together, and to the person that said "i only say my store manager 3 times in 3 months"... Maybe you are in a bigger store than me, but my store manager is there 6 days a week. I work with her almost all the time.

Sure you can work as little as 3 hours a week (and if you are looking for a full time job, retail is not for you). Some weeks you can work as many as 25 hours and some as little as 3, that's retail. Not just The Children's Place. My store manager made it clear in our group interview that it would be like that.

Advice to Management

None, I love them!