There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Stressful

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Competitive pay. Fun clothing for kids.

Cons

Workload expectations are outrageous. Company is slowly taking hours away, which results in store manager working overtime on a salary pay. Corporate is trying to change so many things that its creating chaos. No work/life balance.

Have realistic expectations for your stores. Support your stores with payroll!

reviews filtered by
  1. Love it!

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot on the job, get a great discount. I love my job!

Cons

I have none. I would just like to say that, I guess it all depends on the store you work for, because it seems a lot of people had different experiences. It could be because of their work ethic, or they were bad employees, or maybe you did have a bad management team. I love mine, we are like a little family. We all work well together, and to the person that said "i only say my store manager 3 times in 3 months"... Maybe you are in a bigger store than me, but my store manager is there 6 days a week. I work with her almost all the time.

Sure you can work as little as 3 hours a week (and if you are looking for a full time job, retail is not for you). Some weeks you can work as many as 25 hours and some as little as 3, that's retail. Not just The Children's Place. My store manager made it clear in our group interview that it would be like that.

None, I love them!

2. Confusing

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, good coworkers, nice discount, good product, comfortable atmosphere, relaxed, easy job, good benefits

Cons

There is no support of staff by corporate. Stores do not receive enough payroll hours to keep up with loss prevention. Too much is focused on annoying the customer rather than actually assisting them. Corporate also attempts to have the stores compete rather than work together, which makes little sense because everyone is really on the same team. The Children's Place also doesn't seem to understand the need for equal opportunity clothing.

Support your staff, give them payroll hours. No one wants to work for a company which does not give them the chance to work, after all that's why they applied. You also shouldn't try to make stores so competitive but rather you should have stores compete with other children's clothing stores. Also, change the color palate from hot pink and glitter to more mature colors and we won't start losing customers at age 10.
    You should also provide girls and boys with the same clothing opportunities. Why are there no superhero shirts directed at young girls?

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place