There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Too much work, not enough pay.

Former Employee - ASM
Former Employee - ASM

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Merchandise all day every day to get product onto the floor.

Cons

Little hours, little pay, LOTS of theft, LOTS of changes in company procedures; company going downhill. The last few months I was there, they had us saving money by turning off the breakers as soon as we closed, leaving us in complete darkness to recover the store.

Advice to Management

Stop changing every ten seconds. Come up with something that works and stick to it. Every store is different, so you have to find a happy medium.

reviews filtered by
  1. Decent company, has better things to come i hope!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always something changing or going on, company has good intentions

Cons

assitant managers do not get many benefits even though they work as much as store managers. They dont get bonuses

Advice to Management

dont forget the little people!! we keep the business going too, not just the SSM who already makes bank!

Great Brand headed the wrong direction...

Former Employee - Store Manager in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at The Children's Place full-time

Pros

Great Brand, value and clothing selection for children

Cons

unrealistic workload for all employees with no support from upper management and HQ. i have seen district managers go to bat for their store managers and pushed out the door for doing so. the company is consistently piling the work load on the stores (from over allocation of product, ever changing floor sets that were never funded any payroll. and consistently cutting payroll leaving a maximum of 2 people on the sales floor during peak shopping hours and days (that is of course if you didn't have one of those two working in the back on the everyday delivery of over allocated stock to put into an overflowed stock room. turnover for store managers in my former location has been 4 store managers in less than 2 years!!. training??? there is no longer training hours allocated for either management or sales associates. After hiring a new assistant manager her first week was spent on the register as it was just she and i on the sales floor. also you have lost MOM, she no longer WANTS or NEEDS to shop at TCP, your stores have become a nightmare to shop due to lack of help due to cutting of payroll and your are slowly, correction speeding your reputation in to a brick wall. if something isn't done soon by either Jane Elfers herself or the board of directors stepping in to protect their investments, this company will spiral out of control faster that it is already on pace for.

Advice to Management

get back to basics