Never ending workload

Current Employee - Store Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Store Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people I work with are all hard working. PTO love it that it's flexible Peers are all supportive

Cons

No payroll hours, I feel like a high paid stock associate. How are we suppose to delegate when we have no payroll. Associate moral is so low all across the company. We're held accountable for how we're graded on the customer survey but can only have 1 person out on the floor cause the other one is tasking. Shipment everyday it's never ending. Company wants us to keep having group interviews but how can we hire we no hours.

Advice to Management

Come work an 8 hour shift at the stores to see if you can do everything that is thrown at as on a daily basis. Would love if the CEO would do Undercover Boss and maybe that would open your eyes.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It's ok

Current Employee - Sales Lead in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Lead in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The (cute) children, not the ones that run away the store destroying the place and their parents don't pay attention. I love doing the visual merchandising. That's about it.

Cons

Lack of communication, unorganized company, always changing prices without informing us. Making us do big moves twice a week sometimes more. The store is WAY too small for all the product we have. It's absolutely ridiculous. The THIEVES. It's crazy the kind of people we get in there. It is every single day that we have to deal with people stealing. They will snap at you if you look at them wrong, they will complain that you are racist. I have had one follow me around the store harassing me. I also had one threaten my life!!! It's enough to make someone quit!

Great Brand headed the wrong direction...

Former Employee - Store Manager in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at The Children's Place full-time

Pros

Great Brand, value and clothing selection for children

Cons

unrealistic workload for all employees with no support from upper management and HQ. i have seen district managers go to bat for their store managers and pushed out the door for doing so. the company is consistently piling the work load on the stores (from over allocation of product, ever changing floor sets that were never funded any payroll. and consistently cutting payroll leaving a maximum of 2 people on the sales floor during peak shopping hours and days (that is of course if you didn't have one of those two working in the back on the everyday delivery of over allocated stock to put into an overflowed stock room. turnover for store managers in my former location has been 4 store managers in less than 2 years!!. training??? there is no longer training hours allocated for either management or sales associates. After hiring a new assistant manager her first week was spent on the register as it was just she and i on the sales floor. also you have lost MOM, she no longer WANTS or NEEDS to shop at TCP, your stores have become a nightmare to shop due to lack of help due to cutting of payroll and your are slowly, correction speeding your reputation in to a brick wall. if something isn't done soon by either Jane Elfers herself or the board of directors stepping in to protect their investments, this company will spiral out of control faster that it is already on pace for.

Advice to Management

get back to basics