There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

The company was run but unethical women that risked their working relationships to achieve good numbers.

Former Employee - Assistant Production Manager in Secaucus, NJ
Former Employee - Assistant Production Manager in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money was good for a position in NJ.

Cons

The environment was poor and the workers were stressed and extremely unpleasant. The workload is unmanageable and quit every week.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Stop the Insanity!

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at The Children's Place full-time

Pros

Great benefits & PTO/ sick time for Management

Cons

Horrible upper management... company is headed in the WRONG direction! Payroll and shrink are connected---WAKE UP!! I worked for this company for 6 years and have worked for several other retailers. The final straw was at Holiday when we had to leave the store un-recovered at night with piles of clothes left unfolded and the store a total wreck to save payroll. Not to mention all of the un-processed freight in the back because we didn't have the coverage/time to get it to the floor. We could make more sales if we had the product on the floor but the company is too short-sighted to realize that. Managers are stressed out of their minds because of completely unrealistic deadlines. No extra payroll to do ANYTHING! Floorsets are all done while the store is open and training is on the job. The company used to be a decent place to work. The last 3 years have been really bad. Decisions coming down from Corporate are not well thought out which results in a lot of double work because they have the whole chain implement something and then 2 weeks later they change their mind. Very frustrating place to work. I currently work in another fast-paced retail environment but I can support the decisions being handed down because they make sense. I don't mind working hard... but I don't like working and re-doing things on a whim with no payroll to support it... especially since I was salary which means that double work is taking time away from my family. The company needs to find a direction and keep heading that way... they are all over the place.

Advice to Management

The payroll model is horrible... and the workload is ridiculous not to mention that double work is constantly being done because Upper management can't make up their minds!

2. benefits working at the Children's Place

Former Employee - Senior Visual Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Visual Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

good benefits, good work hours, flexible

Cons

depending on the department, growth can be limited

Advice to Management

be more open minded and less micromanage the entire department. An employee that is treated badly will not give good results back. An employee that is treated fairly and with respect will give good results and the same back.