Great Opportunity for Advancement

Current Employee - Sales Lead in Morrow, GA
Current Employee - Sales Lead in Morrow, GA

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedules Great Discount (30%) Can move up fast from associate to a lead

Cons

No benefits except for assistant managers ad store managers low pay

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap, you cannot literally expect 2 employees on every shift to sort through shipment, sale and meet daily goals, and clean and replenish stock every night

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. ok

I worked at The Children's Place

Pros

good pay for new careers

Cons

no medical or dental benefits

Worse Professional Experience of my life.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Odessa, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Odessa, TX

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great PTO (cant use it though) Great health insurance (if you can take a day off to go to the Dr.)

Cons

No support from DM. Managers are overworked to the point that turnover is outrageous. Daily tasks are impossible in order to serve customers properly. I was told by my DM that I was not someones personal shopper and helping them shop was not my job. No payroll hours to complete tasks. I was a remote store-DM would say she was coming and never show up. My district was micromanaged to the point that we had to report to her numerous times a day and we were unable to just do our job. DM was sneaky and would post your job online if she didnt like you. Absolutely the worst manager position I ever held. I am glad that I found a great company that stands behind their employees and doesnt set them up for failure. No contact with any other higher management.

Advice to Management

Review the Ft Worth DM and her numbers and turnover percent. There is a reason why no one stays long in her district, No support for managers. She is overpaid and UNDERworked. I did inventory with only 4 people in a 2.5 million dollar store. I finally had to shut it down because my 3 other employees had school the next day. I begged for help-she was hone by 6pm. We stayed until after 3am and I finally stopped counting. No work/life balance for managers-she has one though.