The Children's Place

www.childrensplace.com
  www.childrensplace.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Growing company with great benefits and growth opportunities to get promoted!

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent employee discount. Great benefits. Great amount of PTO/Sick days plus Comp days. Lots of growth and opportunities at this company. Very flexible with scheduling as well as great management. A fast-paced working environment...we do it all: floorsets, selling, shipment, cleaning, windows etc. Smaller team of associates which helps with open communication. Lots of company incentive programs to win money for your store.

Cons

PAYROLL: Yes, everyone gripes about it because there just isn't ever enough given. To those of you who are retail associates, you will get maybe 15 hours a week MAX (If you are lucky). Management normally gets most the hours because they are required to have a minimum set hours weekly. There is not much training for the new recruits only because again payroll doesn't permit. With upper management changing, contradicting views set in and make it difficult to make heads or tails of things. Patience is definitely needed during the heavy times with no payroll as well as with the extreme demands for tasks to be completed ASAP.

To the upper management (DM's and RD's): pay attention to the needs of your higher volume stores that reach out for your help. To whoever distributes payroll: rethink the scale. If payroll was based off of sales plan, then make sure you compensate those who are getting ripped off. For instance: there were two store's who's sales plan was $45,000: one store was given 178 (Base) hours to run the store with and the other was given 370 hours. If hours are distributed unevenly, reach out to your DM's/RD's and have them shift hours from store to store.

578 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

Great Opportunity for Advancement

Current Employee - Sales Lead in Morrow, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Lead in Morrow, GA

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible Schedules
    Great Discount (30%)
    Can move up fast from associate to a lead

Cons

No benefits except for assistant managers ad store managers
    low pay

Stop being so cheap, you cannot literally expect 2 employees on every shift to sort through shipment, sale and meet daily goals, and clean and replenish stock every night

Worse Professional Experience of my life.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Odessa, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Odessa, TX

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great PTO (cant use it though) Great health insurance (if you can take a day off to go to the Dr.)

Cons

No support from DM. Managers are overworked to the point that turnover is outrageous. Daily tasks are impossible in order to serve customers properly. I was told by my DM that I was not someones personal shopper and helping them shop was not my job. No payroll hours to complete tasks. I was a remote store-DM would say she was coming and never show up. My district was micromanaged to the point that we had to report to her numerous times a day and we were unable to just do our job. DM was sneaky and would post your job online if she didnt like you. Absolutely the worst manager position I ever held. I am glad that I found a great company that stands behind their employees and doesnt set them up for failure. No contact with any other higher management.

Review the Ft Worth DM and her numbers and turnover percent. There is a reason why no one stays long in her district, No support for managers. She is overpaid and UNDERworked. I did inventory with only 4 people in a 2.5 million dollar store. I finally had to shut it down because my 3 other employees had school the next day. I begged for help-she was hone by 6pm. We stayed until after 3am and I finally stopped counting. No work/life balance for managers-she has one though.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place