The Children's Place
www.childrensplace.com Secaucus, NJ 5000+ Employees

Current leadership wave from the Gap/Old Navy are an unprofessional "boys club".

District Manager (Former Employee)
Jersey City, NJ

I worked at The Children's Place full-time for more than a year

ProsThe Store Managers work harder than any other retail company out there. They are good people who don't realize their worth. The product is good for the quality and price but the way the teams are worked and under-appreciated to get the merchandise on the sales floor and sold is not fair.

ConsThe current leadership "wave" is unqualified. Everyone was put into position one level higher than they were at the Gap. They are not ready for their current roles and they cover for eachother-even HR, when big issues such as abuse and discrimination are brought to light.

Advice to Senior ManagementJane Elfers and Natalie Levy are AMAZING retailers! They can find better stores leadership and make The Children's Place a top company to work for if they only bring in quality stores leadership.

Rude managers, gossiping workplace

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Brooklyn, NY

I worked at The Children's Place part-time for less than a year

Pros: Employee discount and coupons were the best and came in… Cons: they have no hours to give so pay isn't great,… Advice to Senior Management: to actually be Managers... No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not in a miilion years!

SSM (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at The Children's Place full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The only pro is the PTO package. If you get to… Cons: This is the absolute most dysfuntional retail companies I have ever been employed for in my life. They use the salaried management position to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on The Children's Place.

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Children's Place reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Children's Place CEO Jane Elfers. All reviews posted anonymously by The Children's Place employees.