Not in a miilion years!

Former Employee - SSM  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - SSM in Chicago, IL

I worked at The Children's Place full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The only pro is the PTO package. If you get to use it. The blackout period is just about all year long!!!!!

Cons

This is the absolute most dysfuntional retail companies I have ever been employed for in my life. They use the salaried management position to get all of the workload done. They ended the co-manager salaried postions for 90% of the company with a plan to use and abuse the remaining salaried position left. We are threatened, bullied and work out of fear to perform. They have unrealistic expectaions and expect to get that work load done immediately. Hours are at bare minimal "as our D.M. puts it" and expect us to recruit at the drop of a dime. Well my question is, how can you have a positive attitude to recruit for a compnay that you have grown to depsise? How can you have a positive outlook for your future when you head is spinning out of control. This will lead to no work life balance and getting menatally and physically drained. I am not one to complain but needed to get the word out that the Children's Place is not commpany to work for if yo value your life. I was embarrassed to even admit I work for that company and am glad I was smart enough to move on. I feel sorry for the next victim to work for this so called company.

Other Reviews for The Children's Place

Went from great to horrible

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay, benefits and time off are amazing. My team was amazing.

Cons

Everything else! Within the 6 years I worked at TCP I went from loving my job to hating everything about it. Everything that others wrote is spot on. I found the majority of district and regional leadership to have little or no ethics and will smile in your face and stab you in the back. By the time I left I felt completely undervalued and expendable. Workload and payroll models are beyond ridiculous. Expectation of service when you can't even get to your giant pile of boxes in the back is crazy. I should have left two years ago but the PTO and pay kept me locked in. I finally decided no amount of money or time off was worth the way this company made me feel.

Bring back Ezra. Maybe not literally, but the idea that team members are valuable and that they matter. No amount of "thank you" covers how worthless you feel when your work doesn't matter.

Rude managers, gossiping workplace

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at The Children's Place part-time for less than a year

Pros

Employee discount and coupons were the best and came in quite handy

Cons

they have no hours to give so pay isn't great, managers gossip and there's no room for growth

to actually be Managers...

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place.

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!