The Children's Place

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

ok

I worked at The Children's Place

Pros

good pay for new careers

Cons

no medical or dental benefits

630 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

Went from great to horrible

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay, benefits and time off are amazing. My team was amazing.

Cons

Everything else! Within the 6 years I worked at TCP I went from loving my job to hating everything about it. Everything that others wrote is spot on. I found the majority of district and regional leadership to have little or no ethics and will smile in your face and stab you in the back. By the time I left I felt completely undervalued and expendable. Workload and payroll models are beyond ridiculous. Expectation of service when you can't even get to your giant pile of boxes in the back is crazy. I should have left two years ago but the PTO and pay kept me locked in. I finally decided no amount of money or time off was worth the way this company made me feel.

Bring back Ezra. Maybe not literally, but the idea that team members are valuable and that they matter. No amount of "thank you" covers how worthless you feel when your work doesn't matter.

Current leadership wave from the Gap/Old Navy are an unprofessional "boys club".

Former Employee - District Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - District Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The Store Managers work harder than any other retail company out there. They are good people who don't realize their worth. The product is good for the quality and price but the way the teams are worked and under-appreciated to get the merchandise on the sales floor and sold is not fair.

Cons

The current leadership "wave" is unqualified. Everyone was put into position one level higher than they were at the Gap. They are not ready for their current roles and they cover for eachother-even HR, when big issues such as abuse and discrimination are brought to light.

Jane Elfers and Natalie Levy are AMAZING retailers! They can find better stores leadership and make The Children's Place a top company to work for if they only bring in quality stores leadership.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place