The Children's Place

www.childrensplace.com
  www.childrensplace.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

If you value your family...run, now!

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, PTO (though you won't be able to use it all), made great friendships

Cons

The work-load is ridiculous. The mandatory holidays and weekends kill any hope for family time. The company is very re-active to business trends and that means last minute notice on events, sales, promotions, ect.- this equates to long nights and unforeseen times that a store manager is required to work. My family suffered silently for years, until the damage was done and I was left with no social life and no husband.

556 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

In between good and bad

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (more than an year)

Pros

30 to 40 percent off for the employees. Works with your schedule. Meet some nice customers and learn to work as a team.

Cons

Way too much gossip coming from the managers and they are rude and like to bully the workers. They are also rude to the customers. Usually the assistant managers. Unrealistic company goals. The Place card is also another horror. They force us associates to practically beg to have a customer apply for the credit card. There could be no more than 10 people who came through the door and they want at least 8 of them to apply fit the card. Also long work hours sometimes.

Start hiring managers who are friendly and aren't immature and talk crap about there employees to other employees.

If I'm working at The Children's Place, what are they doing in hell right now

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

good benefits, good relationship with co-workers

Cons

ridiculous workload, no payroll, minimum to say the least, barely keeps the doors open.Sweat shop working conditions, very unsafe.

Join the rest of us on planet earth, and come to terms that the ridiculous workload and no payroll does not add up. When was the last time that any corporate payroll hours were cut? These are where the real cuts should be made, not at store level. You are only hurting the company in the longrun.Allocations and visual need to be especially lookes at. You could hire chimps and they would do a better job.Hope all the executives are enjoying their big bonuses from all the payroll that has been withheld from the stores.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place