There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Worse Professional Experience of my life.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Odessa, TX
Former Employee - Store Manager in Odessa, TX

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great PTO (cant use it though) Great health insurance (if you can take a day off to go to the Dr.)

Cons

No support from DM. Managers are overworked to the point that turnover is outrageous. Daily tasks are impossible in order to serve customers properly. I was told by my DM that I was not someones personal shopper and helping them shop was not my job. No payroll hours to complete tasks. I was a remote store-DM would say she was coming and never show up. My district was micromanaged to the point that we had to report to her numerous times a day and we were unable to just do our job. DM was sneaky and would post your job online if she didnt like you. Absolutely the worst manager position I ever held. I am glad that I found a great company that stands behind their employees and doesnt set them up for failure. No contact with any other higher management.

Advice to Management

Review the Ft Worth DM and her numbers and turnover percent. There is a reason why no one stays long in her district, No support for managers. She is overpaid and UNDERworked. I did inventory with only 4 people in a 2.5 million dollar store. I finally had to shut it down because my 3 other employees had school the next day. I begged for help-she was hone by 6pm. We stayed until after 3am and I finally stopped counting. No work/life balance for managers-she has one though.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Went from great to horrible

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay, benefits and time off are amazing. My team was amazing.

Cons

Everything else! Within the 6 years I worked at TCP I went from loving my job to hating everything about it. Everything that others wrote is spot on. I found the majority of district and regional leadership to have little or no ethics and will smile in your face and stab you in the back. By the time I left I felt completely undervalued and expendable. Workload and payroll models are beyond ridiculous. Expectation of service when you can't even get to your giant pile of boxes in the back is crazy. I should have left two years ago but the PTO and pay kept me locked in. I finally decided no amount of money or time off was worth the way this company made me feel.

Advice to Management

Bring back Ezra. Maybe not literally, but the idea that team members are valuable and that they matter. No amount of "thank you" covers how worthless you feel when your work doesn't matter.

2. Sales Associate

I worked at The Children's Place

Pros

Not very demanding. Good discount.

Cons

There were no growth opportunities