The Children's Place

www.childrensplace.com

Worse Professional Experience of my life.

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Odessa, TX
Former Employee - Store Manager in Odessa, TX

Pros

Great PTO (cant use it though) Great health insurance (if you can take a day off to go to the Dr.)

Cons

No support from DM. Managers are overworked to the point that turnover is outrageous. Daily tasks are impossible in order to serve customers properly. I was told by my DM that I was not someones personal shopper and helping them shop was not my job. No payroll hours to complete tasks. I was a remote store-DM would say she was coming and never show up. My district was micromanaged to the point that we had to report to her numerous times a day and we were unable to just do our job. DM was sneaky and would post your job online if she didnt like you. Absolutely the worst manager position I ever held. I am glad that I found a great company that stands behind their employees and doesnt set them up for failure. No contact with any other higher management.

Review the Ft Worth DM and her numbers and turnover percent. There is a reason why no one stays long in her district, No support for managers. She is overpaid and UNDERworked. I did inventory with only 4 people in a 2.5 million dollar store. I finally had to shut it down because my 3 other employees had school the next day. I begged for help-she was hone by 6pm. We stayed until after 3am and I finally stopped counting. No work/life balance for managers-she has one though.

Other reviews for The Children's Place

Growing experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Pros

Good place to work...good life balance.

Cons

Politics and instability. No reinforcement from management on strategic initiatives.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

-Great pay/benefits
    -Never boring
    -Good employee discount

Cons

-This company has very unrealistic expectations of store teams
    -Extremely low payroll given just to run the store, let alone all the other workload we have
    -HR doesn't listen or help. They receive a complaint and throw it in the garbage.
    -Store manager is the only salaried position, so you end up working 50+ hours a week because you don't have payroll for anyone else to do the work.
    -"Boys Club" in HQ is ridiculous - if you're a female, good luck!

Read the reviews on this site! A lot of your employees are all saying the same things, and this is honest feedback you should use to make improvements.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place.

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!