The Children's Place

www.childrensplace.com
  www.childrensplace.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Great for part-time, Don't make a career with this company

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very friendly managers
Worked with my school schedule
Always a sale on top of my discount
Some very sweet customers

Cons

What ever PTO and Sick time y'all are talking about? I've never heard of such as just an ASSOCIATE.

-DMs and above are awful- they have absolutely no idea what it is like to work in the actual store and they set unrealistic expectations such as counting how many mesh bags we give out, merchandise 40+ boxes a shipment WHILE greeting every customer, keeping the store picked up and meeting sales goals.
-Hassling every customer for Rewards club, Place Card, Phone & Email
-Too many boxes of shipment at one time
-No payroll hours to meet the demand of the business and those unrealistic goals
-Poor/Slow return policy and procedures: everything is down by hand and cannot scan receipts as in every other store.
-Staying in the business past time of clocking out so emails can get sent to DMs
-Getting fussed at if you go over payroll even by a minute or two
-Constant floor set changes and resetting sales
-Grouchy customers when they don't get their way
-Overwhelming floorsets
-No pay raise (not even for managers) because store goals were not met on any level

Work in a store before you step foot in a supervisory role, stop sending so much shipment every day and expect it to be done along with meeting your sales goals, recreate your return procedures and make them fast, easy and smooth. Stop making us hassle customers, they just want to check out!

556 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

Unorganized

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Customers are great for the most part. I enjoyed helping parents choose outfits for their kids. Short 4 hour shifts for part-time

Cons

I had no actual training, they put you out on sales floor and you are expected to assist customers and help keep store organized all at once. Hours are cut if you do not meet sales for the day.

Make sure your store managers provide actual training!

Frustrating, no respect

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, PTO, team environment at store level

Cons

Management is not inspiring at all. Constant changes in upper management, 2yrs/5 District Managers. Expect loyalty but do not follow thru on any commitments they make. Just tell you what you want to hear to get you to do what they need and then leave you exhausted and frustrated. Ask you what you think and then throw it in your face when you're honest. This is why the turnover is huge, no respect for the individual. If you aren't loud and aggressive you will not get promoted, ever.

If there is a problem, ADDRESS IT!! Show your appreciation to employees. I was acting store manager several times and did not even receive a "Thank you". I got a lot of overtime but having a DM say "call around and see if someone will help out", is just a symptom of a bigger problem. Appreciate the loyal employees because if you don't, they will leave.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place