There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Great for part-time, Don't make a career with this company

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very friendly managers
Worked with my school schedule
Always a sale on top of my discount
Some very sweet customers

Cons

What ever PTO and Sick time y'all are talking about? I've never heard of such as just an ASSOCIATE.

-DMs and above are awful- they have absolutely no idea what it is like to work in the actual store and they set unrealistic expectations such as counting how many mesh bags we give out, merchandise 40+ boxes a shipment WHILE greeting every customer, keeping the store picked up and meeting sales goals.
-Hassling every customer for Rewards club, Place Card, Phone & Email
-Too many boxes of shipment at one time
-No payroll hours to meet the demand of the business and those unrealistic goals
-Poor/Slow return policy and procedures: everything is down by hand and cannot scan receipts as in every other store.
-Staying in the business past time of clocking out so emails can get sent to DMs
-Getting fussed at if you go over payroll even by a minute or two
-Constant floor set changes and resetting sales
-Grouchy customers when they don't get their way
-Overwhelming floorsets
-No pay raise (not even for managers) because store goals were not met on any level

Work in a store before you step foot in a supervisory role, stop sending so much shipment every day and expect it to be done along with meeting your sales goals, recreate your return procedures and make them fast, easy and smooth. Stop making us hassle customers, they just want to check out!

513 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

Great Opportunity for Advancement

Current Employee - Sales Lead  in  Morrow, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Lead in Morrow, GA

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible Schedules
    Great Discount (30%)
    Can move up fast from associate to a lead

Cons

No benefits except for assistant managers ad store managers
    low pay

Stop being so cheap, you cannot literally expect 2 employees on every shift to sort through shipment, sale and meet daily goals, and clean and replenish stock every night

Worse Professional Experience of my life.

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Odessa, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Odessa, TX

I worked at The Children's Place full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great PTO (cant use it though) Great health insurance (if you can take a day off to go to the Dr.)

Cons

No support from DM. Managers are overworked to the point that turnover is outrageous. Daily tasks are impossible in order to serve customers properly. I was told by my DM that I was not someones personal shopper and helping them shop was not my job. No payroll hours to complete tasks. I was a remote store-DM would say she was coming and never show up. My district was micromanaged to the point that we had to report to her numerous times a day and we were unable to just do our job. DM was sneaky and would post your job online if she didnt like you. Absolutely the worst manager position I ever held. I am glad that I found a great company that stands behind their employees and doesnt set them up for failure. No contact with any other higher management.

Review the Ft Worth DM and her numbers and turnover percent. There is a reason why no one stays long in her district, No support for managers. She is overpaid and UNDERworked. I did inventory with only 4 people in a 2.5 million dollar store. I finally had to shut it down because my 3 other employees had school the next day. I begged for help-she was hone by 6pm. We stayed until after 3am and I finally stopped counting. No work/life balance for managers-she has one though.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!