The Children's Place

www.childrensplace.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Unrealistic expectations

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Ok pay if you are being hired on not an internal promote.

Cons

Too heavy work load.
Too little payroll

Listen to your store managers and dig deeper. Spend more then 20 minutes in a store before you judge its people.

The new payroll structure does not work. Go back to the old structure. Not every store is the exact same. Support your store managers especially the ones making your store profitable.

579 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

Don't walk run away as fast as you can from this company

I worked at The Children's Place full-time

Pros

The pay is ok and the PTO is good, if you can use it.

Cons

The worse company I have ever worked for. Their is no support for the Store Manager by DM or HR. They turn and burn the Store Manager. I have never seen such a large turn over in management and associates in any company I have worked for due to the heavy workload and lack of support.

Just when you think that things can't get any worse, they do. It is not humanly possible for 2 people to do everything. No matter how "amazing" store teams are, it simply cannot get done. It is a sweat shop environment and culture for the store employees due to the large work load and bare minimum payroll.

It's not a matter of our associates having proper training... we can't keep up! Having 2 people on the sales floor on a Back to school Saturday is just ridiculous, but sorry customer we can't bring another associate out to ring you up because there are only two of us, yes you can speak to the store manager because it is Me, but if you can give me just a moment or two and yelling "HI, WELCOME TO THE CHILDREN"S PLACE!" to every customer that walks in while I'm handing out blue mesh bags to any person that walks by and soliciting the MyPlace rewards and Place Credit card, getting email and phone numbers and processing returns by every other customer with the slowest return process ever. Mean while the customers on the floor are loading up their bags and walking out with merchandise because there is not enough payroll for floor coverage and customer service.

Floor-set guides are sent out in advance only to be completely changed at the last minute and due to be completed in 24 hours. Can you guess?- zero hours are given to undo what took you a week to complete ( because you ONLY have during business hours to get this done.) Oh yeah and We want you to snap pictures of it with our cheap camera and submit to us by the end of the day.

No training hours at all, even for Store Managers.

Very few fixtures are not broken. A lot of fixtures held together with packing tape.

Since you realize the heavy work load because you are always apologizing for it in letters from corporate and emails. Do something about it and support the Store Managers and associates and work toward a better working environment with extra payroll and the tools needed to do their job.

Stop spending money on the mountains of marketing that is never used and even worse....the marketing that comes to the stores in error (incorrect price chart signs for Black Friday, giant elf figures for the holiday windows, or even inserts for those fancy lanyards that don't even fit?!)

Invest in your associates with a better work environment by believing in your Store Managers and supporting them. Give back in some way to the associates to show you appreciate them for the hard work

Be prepared to work 70 + hours a week!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The products are good.
    The customers are wonderful.

Cons

A average store manager will work 70+ hours a week most of the year. More between Halloween and Christmas. All on a salary, no overtime.
    Workload unrealistic with amount of payroll given.

Realistic expectations need to be given. Workload cannot exceed payroll hours given.
    Vacation time never allowed to be taken in 2 years.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place