The Children's Place

www.childrensplace.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Not a healthy company culture.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at The Children's Place full-time

Pros

Great vacation time and summer hours. Fun company Christmas party.

Cons

While I was there so many people were either let go or quit. As soon as I established a relationship with my boss or coworker they were replaced by a new person. Sometimes the next day! Employees were not empowered to make decisions.

Value and respect your employees. It isn't just the moral thing to do it helps your bottom line.

635 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

This company is a train wreck waiting to happen!

I worked at The Children's Place

Pros

Great discount if you have kids, cute and affordable products, mostly friendly staff

Cons

Outdated register system that is extremely overly complicated and difficult to use, ridiculous shoplifting policy that only allows managers to stop shoplifters and only if you can say exact item, color, AND SIZE of item stolen and not even allowed to call mall security, extremely high pressure to get customers to sign up for store credit card, we were told to LIE to customers if needed to get them to sign up for email lists and phone numbers

Update your register system to something that makes sense, (for example, when you hound us to get emails and then make us do a monkey promotion where we add on AFTER email capture which then deletes the email address with no option to even re enter it, then act like we suck at our jobs for not capturing enough emails) address consistency issues as managers and dm's always seem at odds with each other, don't put barely above minimum wage employees "on call", we are not doctors, we don't even make a living wage here and when these on call shifts interfere with our lives so much that we can't make plans we will quit which costs the company money in rehiring and training costs...even in this economy, crappy jobs are a dime a dozen. We can go get treated like garbage somewhere else.

Sales Associate is a pleasant job that kills time.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working at The Children's Place was beneficial because it is a typical sales position that is a good job to start out with in between school.

Cons

There are a few downsides working at The Children's Place. Aside from earning only minimum wage, the managers take advantage of the employees and make them act like cleaning ladies. I had a back injury at the time and couldn't life heavy items; the managers made me lift a super heavy vacuum to vacuum the entire store. It was ridiculous.

Treat your employees with the same respect as you want.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place