There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Customer Service Rep.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Jose, CA

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I like the fast past environment. I liked the product line the company has,the clothes are bright and of good quality. The clothes and accessories are fun to match up for the customers.

Cons

Not enough hours to fulfill my needs as a single parent. I spoke to management about increasing hours but was never able too.

Management needs to be more honest and open about information.

525 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

Worst job ever!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Howell, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Howell, MI

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pros were that most of the job is task oriented so there was always something to do to make the time fly.

Cons

I worked at an outlet store and went into an already really bad management situation. There wasn't a place to take a break so I had to practically sit on the floor in order to be able to sit and wasn't allowed to leave the building at all, not even for lunch because 1 person can't be left in the store alone for safety issues. Schedules were never out until 2 days prior to the next work week, can't schedule your life with that.

Managers should be people who truly know how to manage people, that's what your title is. Please understand that people have lives and cannot schedule their lives only 2 days out. Try not to hire people just because you know them outside of the work.

No Hours

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Oshkosh, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cute kids come in, and it's rare that you get customers hitting on you

Cons

I was only paid minimum wage but expected to work like a dog. I only got 4 hours a week on average due to the management overhiring. There was absolutely no training given to me and I had to figure out every task for myself while only working with 1-2 others who were often "on break" or in the backroom doing who knows what. I was never allotted a break even on the occasional 6 hour shift. It was only a temporary position that was supposed to last 12 weeks whereas I was only given 4. I was also routinely yelled at for clocking in 2 minutes early yet expected to start working as soon as I arrived(10-15min early for a shift).

Don't bother hiring so many employees if you can't give them any hours. Also focus more on training and less on pushing rewards and store credit cards that don't actually give any discount.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place