The Children's Place

www.childrensplace.com
  www.childrensplace.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Good to start

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great flexibility for students when they have the right management in the positions.

like any typical sales job. The company is a good standing one and great discounts.

Cons

not very challenging, can become very routine and mundane after a few months.

constantly changing management.

create a better environment for those who want to stay. Promote within. Take your time to scout and interview managers for people who are the right fit... not just the ok salary requests.

558 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

No Structure for Store Sales Success

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The Children's Places offers the most popular trends and the lastes in kids (baby-teenage) fashions to date. Their pricing and discounts are amazing and it really attracts the attention of the bargain shoppers.

Cons

My challenges were the pay and the lack of organization in the scheduling. The store was always short staffed and you were lucky if you worked with a great manager or sales lead; especially in closing the store. There was no accountability; someone was always blamed for something and there were never any verbal employee appreciation. AND the employee discount was NOT great. I would spend less using my coupons and my PlaceRewards.

My advice to manager would be to practice organization of your team members and be mindful of the lives of others when it comes to creating the schedule.

Good Environment

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Wichita Falls, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Wichita Falls, TX

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Short shifts. Co workers were easy to get along with. Management wasn't bad.

Cons

The store is so crowded because they try and fit no much clothes in there. Of course the little kids run around and knock everything down. If you are on the floor your job is to basically re-fold all day. Other then that, not too many cons.

Keep up the good work!