The Children's Place

www.childrensplace.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Great Store Management! Great Co-Workers!

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The store management was very organized and makes working there super fun! The discount is great especially when clothing is on sale. The managers at the store had worked there for over 15 years and love the company.

Cons

With any retail job, weekends and some holidays are required. The pay isn't the greatest for the entry level employees, and the raises weren't that great either. They also cut the employee discount within the time I worked there. Sometimes we would have to change around the in a short amount of time (and one time on Christmas Eve!).

614 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

Excellent business. Poor place to be employed.

Current Employee - Director in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are more favorable to the industry average. This includes health benefits, 401k, and time off. They are a leader in their specialty and have demonstrated the ability to stay there. There are very smart and hard working people running the company and at Director and Manager levels. Training employees is exceptional.

Cons

Where do I begin. Very difficult to be a happy employee. This is indicative up and down the organizational chain of commands. Walking on burning charcoal is a great example of the morale in this place. Very stressful and full of anxiety. For the past few years, upper management turnover has been very high and has caused excessive turnover at the mid level.

There is no sense of security at all and being ranked the "10th worst company to work for" by Huffington Post is being too generous. In reality, when the world sees it as bad, it's usually worse.

For the Children's Place, the phrase "Winning isn’t everything; it’s the only thing" needs to expand to "Winning isn’t everything; it’s the only thing at the expense of the #1 thing that makes or breaks companies. It's employees". It's time to stop covering the deep rooted insecurities and run the business. There is so much potential for our company and we should be looking back from a further distance.

Place more confidence in the people and let them think on their own. Creativity will come out and once again, this company will grow at the pace they should be growing at, not stagnate because stagnating keeps the stock at $50. It will be much easier to grow the business by taking care of the people who will bring you there.

Worst place I've ever worked!!!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Schedule is flexible
    Good hours
    Discount benefits

Cons

Extreme workload for low pay. Its seriously not worth working for a company who doesn't care about their employes. I worked there for a long time and I never got a raise. They expect so much from you and they don't even take the time to train you properly. There are no opportunities to grow in the company. One of the worst jobs I've ever had.

...