The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

www.lds.org
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

A good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

The LDS church office building is a secure building, making it a safe place to work for women and security is quite good. i feel very secure with the guarded underground parking garage so i know no one is going to accost or disrupt me when i am getting in my car.

Cons

the LDS church is very male oriented and almost all of the senior management is male. despite having more experience, I have several times been passed over for a promotion in favor of a man who was able to better make friends with the management making the promotion decisions.

Advice to Management

I have no issue with management. aside from paying further attention to qualified and capable women, their leadership is among the best in the country i believe.

Other Employee Reviews for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Excellent place to work if you enjoy working with lds people and working on highly visible projects that matter.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

you get to work with a group of highly talented inspired individuals. The synergy achieved working in this environment you will not find anywhere else.

Cons

There is some interesting beaurocracy involved in project management but this is a business. What business doesn't have beaurocracy involved in managing their projects.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I really appreciated transparency while working there and good working relationships with my managers. My opinions were heard and feedback valued.

I love working at the Church, it is a wonderful environment to work in.

Current Employee - Project Management Intern in Riverton, UT
    Current Employee - Project Management Intern in Riverton, UT

Pros

The benefits are great, the people are really wonderful.

Cons

The pay is less than the average for the city. If you are looking for high pay, this is not the place.

Advice to Management

They do a great job in managing employees. And they also give great feedback. I think they do a great job!