The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

www.lds.org
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Great opportunity

Current Employee - Accountant I in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Accountant I in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible Low stress Nice work/life balance Great benefits Good coworkers Good opportunities to move up

Cons

Low pay Less-challenging work Older coworkers Fewer opportunities than other companies Difficult to network

Other Employee Reviews for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

1. A great place to work--great atmosphere, decent compensation, great benefits--but a little top-heavy on management.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, atmosphere, compensation, meaningful work.

Cons

HR Department needs is very old school.

Advice to Management

Practice during the week the same principles you preach on Sunday.

Great learning experience. Not much vertical growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverton, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverton, UT

Pros

Management was very respectful and understanding about needing a half-day off here or there for family doctors appointments and childrens events.

Cons

Like I said in the headline, there's not much vertical growth. If you are hoping for vertical growth, gain it outside of this job and then come work here.

Advice to Management

I would really just say that my next job gave me a 23% increase in salary and full benefits that I wasn't offered here. Try to match compensation.