The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

www.lds.org

Fantastic Work Environment with a Purpose

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Riverton, UT

ProsWorking for the Church is like working for a charity that doesn't need to be hyper-focused on raising money. You know what you are working on is contributing to either a humanitarian or ecclesiastical cause, which is a great feeling.

The IT Department at the Church (the department I worked for) does a good job at staying on top of technology. They are typically quick to adopt trends early on.

The work environment is awesome. It may put off some, but I liked starting the work day in prayer with my co-workers. It infused us with unity and purpose that can't be manufactured through traditional team-building exercises (we did those, too, though!).

ConsThe Church struggles to remain market competitive for IT staff. My pay started out great, but it did not increase like it does in a for-profit company. (That is not why I left, mind you. They definitely take care of their employees.)

The load is a bit lighter than the average IT job. This might be a good thing for you, but for me it was sometimes a little nerve-wracking to *not* be under the gun every now and again.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! Be a little more flexible with respect to telecommuting, but that is really a minor point. I can't say enough good about my time working there.

Working at the Missionary Training Center was one of the most meaningful experiences I have had.

Instructor (Spanish) (Current Employee) Provo, UT

I have been working at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints part-time for less than a year

Pros: -Great co-workers -Meaningful work and teaching opportunities Cons: -For a student, it does require quite a time commitment,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Senior Engineer

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Riverton, UT

I have been working at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: While there are negatives there are positives as well. The environment… Cons: There are limited opportunities for career growth. From my experience it feels like in order… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Worked for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints? Contribute to the Community!