The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

www.lds.org
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Developer 1

Current Employee - Developer I in Riverton, UT
Current Employee - Developer I in Riverton, UT

I have been working at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing management! I have never felt more appreciated for my work, and desired to do so much better. We work as a team, because our team knows how to work hard, and how to play on each others strengths, not focus on each others weaknesses.

Cons

I am too far away from work (driving distance) No complaints about work itself, simply the best place I have ever worked.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fantastic Work Environment with a Purpose

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Riverton, UT
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Riverton, UT

I worked at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for the Church is like working for a charity that doesn't need to be hyper-focused on raising money. You know what you are working on is contributing to either a humanitarian or ecclesiastical cause, which is a great feeling. The IT Department at the Church (the department I worked for) does a good job at staying on top of technology. They are typically quick to adopt trends early on. The work environment is awesome. It may put off some, but I liked starting the work day in prayer with my co-workers. It infused us with unity and purpose that can't be manufactured through traditional team-building exercises (we did those, too, though!).

Cons

The Church struggles to remain market competitive for IT staff. My pay started out great, but it did not increase like it does in a for-profit company. (That is not why I left, mind you. They definitely take care of their employees.) The load is a bit lighter than the average IT job. This might be a good thing for you, but for me it was sometimes a little nerve-wracking to *not* be under the gun every now and again.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Be a little more flexible with respect to telecommuting, but that is really a minor point. I can't say enough good about my time working there.

2. Working at the Missionary Training Center was one of the most meaningful experiences I have had.

Current Employee - Instructor (Spanish) in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Instructor (Spanish) in Provo, UT

I have been working at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great co-workers -Meaningful work and teaching opportunities

Cons

-For a student, it does require quite a time commitment, but is well worth it!