The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

www.lds.org
  www.lds.org
There are newer employer reviews for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Great environment, inspiring work.

Current Employee - Production Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Production Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, good facilities, inspiring work, low stress, good location

Cons

not the best pay, lack of movement, budget restrictions, creative restrictions, lack of creativity

120 Other Employee Reviews for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (View Most Recent)

A great place to work if you are family guy and dont mind getting payed less.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Riverton, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Riverton, UT

I have been working at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You don't work as many hours as other places. You aren't worried about the company making money.

Cons

You get payed less. Its hard to move up.

Make a defined growth plan for your Engineers

It is a job

I worked at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Ok benefits. Great food in the cafeteria.

Cons

My manager was very lazy and never improved over the 8 years I worked there. I worked at a position that was open 24 hours 7 days a week. The monthly schedule was always a week late coming out for the month currently working. If there was a Holiday that month you just had to wait and see if you were on the schedule. There was also a lot of office problems between co workers that the manager never dealt with. I felt like the manager wasn't always honest.

Listen to your employee's. Take a few management classes to prepare you for the job. Try to plan ahead so that your employees can plan ahead for Holidays and the month ahead.