The Cliffs Communities

www.cliffscommunities.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for The Cliffs Communities

This place is in trouble

Former Employee - Assistant Golf Professional in Arden, NC
Former Employee - Assistant Golf Professional in Arden, NC

I worked at The Cliffs Communities

Pros

Within The Cliffs there are seven golf courses that are currently open and you are able to play any of them as an employee.

Cons

Since The Cliffs lives on real estate, their cash in-flow is basically gone with the economic down turn. The CEO failed to plan for any down turn and continued to pump money into new golf courses when others weren't finished. Needless to say, they have no money at this time and can't even pay bills for new golf grips. I worked for them before and the mood was very different than it is now. It seems as though since the company is doing bad, everyone reflects that isn't at all happy with their job.

Try and keep spirits up. Don't disappear for long periods of time. Show interest in employees needs.

10 Other Employee Reviews for The Cliffs Communities (View Most Recent)

Enjoyed my time here but happy to get out when I did.

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Travelers Rest, SC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Travelers Rest, SC

I worked at The Cliffs Communities

Pros

Above industry base pay (when I was there, but now that's changed too), relaxed atmosphere, PTO time, beautiful place to work, free golf.

Cons

Management has made poor decisions for years and combined with the sluggish real estate market, it's bringing the company to a screeching halt. Always wondering if you will have a job the next morning. Lack of communication between departments. Mr. Anthony is constantly changing directions for the company and our job roles to increase sales, but they never seem to work. Much of the property is overpriced and Mr. Anthony refuses to meet the market. No 401k match. Commute for most employees.

Mr. Anthony, most people will agree that you have a great vision and passion for what you do, however, it's time to let professionals run the company and salvage what jobs and property values still remain. Unfortunately, it's likely too little too late.

I enjoyed my time at the Cliffs and am a better person because of that experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Travelers Rest, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Travelers Rest, SC

I worked at The Cliffs Communities

Pros

Teamwork within the department was beyond excellent and the support between departments was exceptional. You will not find a better group of qualified, diligent employees.

Cons

There was a disconnect when it came to information flow which was crucial in many of the decision making processes.

There are newer employer reviews for The Cliffs Communities