The Climate Corp

www.climate.com

Best startup I've done

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFeels like a startup even though it isn't really a startup anymore (acquired in 2013 with 100+ employees). Very hard problems attract smart people in all kinds of technology areas. Nice perks like catered lunch, excellent snacks, flexibility to work at home (or from anywhere really) if you need it.

ConsNot the place for you if you are not a self-starter. They want people who will come in, have a look around, and shake things up. You have to show both drive and ability to make it.

Technology stack is very large and can be intimidating. Finding the right person for help can be difficult at times. People are very smart, so people who have been around long enough to understand the evolution of the stack feel like technical demigods to me. I consider myself a high achiever and a solid software engineer, and I feel stupid almost every day! Not the place for those with dainty egos.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the startup vibe going! (As if I had to tell you that...)

Create more opportunities for advancement within the company. Put real effort into addressing issues brought up by employees. I've seen several key engineers leave already, and each one told me they had been railing management about some practice for months before giving up and moving on. Churn and burn does not constitute good startup culture! The right people are hard to find, so try to keep them.

Management Problem

SWE (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at The Climate Corp full-time for more than a year

Pros: some smart ppl work there Cons: people say direct and transparent they really mean rude -… Advice to Senior Management: focus on listening to your employees and developing them into… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Help world's people and businesses manage and adapt to climate change

Software Engineering Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at The Climate Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Technology company that is trying to solve a real problem, It is this environment where smart, intelligent and highly motivated people with different… Cons: Not sure this would be categorized as a con, but climate has a very fast… Advice to Senior Management: Being transparent with employees as you are now is great,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on The Climate Corp.

Worked for The Climate Corp? Contribute to the Community!