There are newer employer reviews for The Columbus Organization

Ok for part-timer

I have been working at The Columbus Organization as a contractor

Pros

They make you aware of jobs that are not advertised

Cons

Limited support and communication after contract begins. Non existent information regarding continuation of contract from one school year to the next.

Let employees know if their contract will be renewed for the following year. Silence is not golden.

18 Other Employee Reviews for The Columbus Organization (View Most Recent)

Fantastic Work Environment, Friendly Colleagues & A Company Philosophy That Promotes Personal Success.

Current Employee - Team Leader in Gary, IN
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Gary, IN

I have been working at The Columbus Organization full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits package for employees including; medical, dental, 401K, vision and much more.Coworkers are friendly and always helpful which allows for a culture where you can fun at work. It's encouraged that you be yourself and engage those families you meet and work with so that you have a true relationship with them. It's a great place to hone your customer service skills. You will meet and work with people from all walks of life, all ages, all countries, and temperaments. However The Columbus Organization gives you all the tools you need to deal with most situations. Training courses on diversity, in-depth training in customer service techniques, documents, access to Indians State software systems and a wealth of self paced learning online. Time and time again, the CEO Mr. Ronder , Columbus middle and senior management all go out of their to be available and make sure that all employees are recognized when they go above and beyond. Plus it's always nice to know you're working for one of the most respected companies in the country with a focus on providing families the best in quality service for their loved ones.

Cons

Honestly I do not have a bad thing to say about The Columbus Organization! The company wants everyone to succeed and there are so many tools and opportunities to learn and advance!!

Please continue to encourage a culture of communication and access. Can not stress enough how important it is to know that you have a voice in the company and that it is genuinely listened to. Also love the surprise calls from the CEO, president and vice president to let you know you did an especially great job. A simple gesture but I can tell you it really means a lot and makes for a great day.

The Columbus Organization Response

Oct 11, 2014Executive Director

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. It is Columbus' philosophy that we always want to provide opportunities for our employees to grow professionally. As a result, many have taken ... More

Can't Say Enough For The Columbus Organization - A Positive & Rewarding Place To Work Where All Staff Are Appreciated.

Current Employee - Case Manager in Portage, IN
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Portage, IN

I have been working at The Columbus Organization full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company really understands and provides a great work/life balance. Great benefits and reimbursements/stipends. Supervisors allow for flexibility to work from home and schedule your own meetings with a minimal of oversight. No micro-managing here! Management, co-workers are awesome and always willing to assist with questions or when emergencies arise. Never have I been with an organization where upper Leadership is so understanding and approachable. Nice to be surrounded by an experienced & diverse group of people who genuinely are about providing the best service possible to those individuals/families in need.

Cons

Independent working is expected so that kind of management style may not be for everyone. You're provided all the training and tools to be successful but the expectation is that you're able to do the job without someone always looking over your shoulder.

Don't change a thing. Can't tell you how many times I've spoken with my fellow workers and heard comments about how easy it is to speak with the Directors or that they received a call from the owner himself to say thanks for something they did to help a family. I have friends working for other CMCOs and are envious because they apparently don't get that kind of genuine attention from their management.

There are newer employer reviews for The Columbus Organization