The Conference Board

www.conference-board.org
  www.conference-board.org
There are newer employer reviews for The Conference Board

Great experience in a relaxed professional atmosphere with amiable coworkers

I have been working at The Conference Board

Pros

Verbally appreciative management that allows autonomy in the workplace. You can run with ideas. Relaxed with no one looking over your shoulder. Good access to upper management. They are trying to be forward thinking in an industry that can be a little staid. Colleagues are great. Much of the staff has been there a long time so I guess that is a testament to the workplace atmosphere.

Cons

Biggest issue is financial all around. Salary is on the low end. Not a lot of money for training to bring staff up to speed. Don't sense a chance for growth opportunities in other departments. Hopefully this will change.

Offer compensation aligned with experience. Reward initiative at all levels. Sometimes the well-oiled machine doesn't get recognized.

40 Other Employee Reviews for The Conference Board (View Most Recent)

Lots of opportunities to learn and to explore

I have been working at The Conference Board

Pros

it's all in what you make out of it. If you're eager, there are opportunities. Not a lot of structure to inhibit you.

Cons

It's been around for almost 100 years, sometimes it feels it--especially as it is facing the changes it needs to make.

Be Bold

Relaxed Environment

Current Employee - Business Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at The Conference Board

Pros

It's a good place, but they are having some financial issues. I left a while ago. It might have changed now.

Cons

They are having some financial issues. But overall it's a good place. I left a while ago. It might have changed now.

Focus on some good business lines instead of pursuing multiple ones. Some people are excellent at what they do; others, not so much.

There are newer employer reviews for The Conference Board