The Connor Group

www.connorgroup.com
  www.connorgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Connor Group

PLEASE believe that these AMAZING headlines are DEFINITELY too good to be true!

Former Employee - Leasing/Sales Consultant in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Leasing/Sales Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Off holidays
Meeting different people
EVERY once in a while you actually leave at 6.

Cons

Overtime without pay
Leasing consultants have to clean the apartments. They call it "sparkle", HA
They make it impossible to give good customer service to residents.
I have literally had to move people into apartments wreaking of pet urine and stains. Even the carpet cleaner felt sorry for me and the new resident.
They do not care about the resident once they move in.
You have to go into peoples homes to persuade them to resign their lease.
They don't tell you upon hiring you that you have to sign a contract, which explained after realizing how they treat their residents. Once you sign, they don't care.
You have to say the exact same line EVERY time someone calls to inquire about an apt, even when they tell you they don't want to hear it.
If you have any morals, it's impossible to enjoy this job. The way you have to treat people is beyond sad. Broken A/C, bug infestation, chemicals in the community pool, and the list goes on and on.

Have morals and don't be so worried about making as much money as humanly possible. The cost of treating people horribly should not be okay to you. The company makes plenty of money, so give a little back to the residents for goodness sake. There are just certain times that cost shouldn't be cut. You have to draw a line on what you let people move into and live with. I was so sad for people.

156 Other Employee Reviews for The Connor Group (View Most Recent)

unethical management has no empathy for employees

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time

Pros

The money is ok if you work for a good manager and hit your sales quotas. You get to me a wide variety of people.

Cons

Bonus structure varies from property to property. Upper management is completely unethical and no matter how well you do your job they will cut you down. Everyone is in it for themselves.

Continued growth -- as an associate and as a company

Current Employee - Department Head in Centerville, OH
    Current Employee - Department Head in Centerville, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Even in a rough economy, The Connor Group has continued to grow -- in new markets, in record earnings and in the opportunities it provides its associates. The company promotes from within and the best of the best are rewarded and recognized for their efforts. My direct boss continuarlly works with me on a professional growth plan - ensuring that my role will continue to grow as the company does.

Cons

Work-life balance can be an issue for some associates -- both in the Central Office and in the field. But I think that's the case with any high-performing organizations.

Continue to keep long-term growth in mind.

There are newer employer reviews for The Connor Group