The Connor Group
www.theconnorgrp.com Centerville, OH 150 to 499 Employees

Yes, it is as bad as it sounds!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMany associates are great to work with, the work was challenging and fun. Nice location and now they're building a brand new site that will be state of the art. Also, full kitchen and work out room in the building- Larry gives his associates lots of perks when it comes to the facilities.

ConsI supported one of the executives and have never, ever been treated so unfairly, ever. Seriously, the way I was cursed at, hung up on and all-out verbally abused would blow your mind!

Now, I know you have to take these reviews with a grain of salt, but there is total truth and validity to what I'm about to state.

There is a very loud and clear sexism issue at this office as well as a "culture" that you have to bow down to Larry Connor and the other execs as gods or they will say you don't "fit the culture" and fire you. It's actually very 1950's and the men are praised while the women are mostly looked over.

They DO NOT have a human resources dept (just "payroll" and recruiting"), so that no one will dictate what is or isn't ok to do to their associates. AND, if you do accept a position there, don't ever breathe a word that you're not happy or are looking somewhere else. Do not post your resume on any job boards because there are people there that routinely search for associate resumes and if they find out you've posted or been looking they will notify Larry Connor. If Larry finds out, you're gone, but not before they secretly hold interviews to fill job, find someone to replace you, then fire you. Nice huh? The worst part - they don't even care if you sue them. They'll just see you in court.

Also, if you have to cover phones up front be ready to be screamed at by the tenants calling the corp office b/c they're not being treated fairly by their respective property manager. You will be trained to lie and say that there is no one that can help them and send them to a voicemail where their issue complaint will die.

Bottom line, it IS as bad as what you've heard. The pay is good, but it's SO not worth it!

Advice to Senior ManagementLSC and JRM wouldn't care to hear any advice, I'm sure. Why bother.

Horrible Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at The Connor Group full-time

Pros: Working with people at the complex and actually becoming part of their "family". Giving customer service… Cons: Constant pressure of sales when they do no advertising to help! They make you post 30 ads a day on craigslist just for your property.… Advice to Senior Management: Realize what your sales people are facing. It is not as easy… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not for everyone

Leasing Consultant (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good training program, but too short of duration (not enough time in training) Holidays off, good bonus structure, decent pay There are some really good people in… Cons: VERY long hours (summer time is crazy) High stress environment (lot's of pressure to meet sales goals) Turnover is high No HR department Your success… Advice to Senior Management: Be realistic with goals. Get an HR department for your employees. Keep… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on The Connor Group.

Worked for The Connor Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Connor Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Connor Group CEO Larry Connor. All reviews posted anonymously by The Connor Group employees.