The Connor Group

There are newer employer reviews for The Connor Group

Best job I've ever had!

Current Employee - Upgrade Technician in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Upgrade Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Year round work, good compensation, company willing to reward you for work that goes above and beyond what you are suppose to do, professional staff, many locations to keep you close to home as possible, many opportunities for advancement and advanced training.

Cons

Depends on the property but being on call for emergencies on the weekends can be rough, really tight deadlines, and sometimes you have to deal with unreasonable residents.

156 Other Employee Reviews for The Connor Group (View Most Recent)

Just say NO!

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some really great people work there.
    Pay is competitive.

Cons

It's all about making money, that is the number one priority of the company.
    Some upper management is unethical.
    NO work-life balance.
    You work 2 Saturdays a month - property managers do not get another day off those 6-day weeks.
    If your property is doing poorly, you will be expected to work Sundays as well (is that supposed to motivate me?)
    Sales consultants are always working off the clock.
    Property managers work very long days - some will be at the office until 10pm at night. (No thank you)
    You have to do a lot of cleaning - I have had to clean toilets, clean up spiders, roaches, dust, mold, poop, etc. DISGUSTING.
    There is no Human Resources Department, so there is no one on the side of the employee.
    Residents are very unhappy with First Billing, so you are always having to deal with that.
    Properties are highly understaffed, both in technicians and sales consultants.
    The sales pressure is unreal! You must meet your goals, no exceptions - and the goals are unrealistic.
    Some upper management (I won't say names) talked down to employees - I mean using curse words, calling them names, etc. - but there is no Human Resources Department
    Doesn't feel like you have job security - the turnover is high all around for all levels.
    Training program is a hot mess - you are definitely not prepared for your role.
    Some of their systems are so antiquated that your forget it's 2013.
    The marketing strategy is cheap and ineffective.
    If you work for the company, don't post your resume on other job boards because they are looking!
    I think the CEO and other executives are just out of touch with what's going on with their properties.

Just read the reviews from actual tenants of The Connor Group Properties. This is what you will have to deal with every day.
    I know this review sounds harsh, but I am not some disgruntled employee. This is the truth, and I just advise you to really think it through before accepting a position with this company.

Get a Human Resources Department.
    Ensure goals are realistic.
    Do something about your turnover, or you are going to keep losing talent.

An HONEST Review

Former Employee - Pcm
    Former Employee - Pcm

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great pay & benefits compared to other companies in the industry
    - Fun company events

Cons

- Micro managed (delusional if you think otherwise)
    - In the Atlanta market, you succeed as long as you're "rub elbows" with the right people. It's literally not what you know but who you're "cool" with; almost like high school - that's just the way it is get over it and move on. It's that simple. I've gone further than people that I know could do my job better than me effortlessly.

If you haven't noticed most of the company reviews are from Ohio which is an entirely different experience than the Atlanta market. If you are considering an opportunity with TCG in Atlanta then those reviews will not paint an accurate picture of how messed up it really is.

There are 3 types of people in the ATL market:

1. "The Rookies": The new hires that are so happy to be there that they are completely oblivious to what's going on and what the heck they just signed up for. Usually still on cloud 9.

2. "The Seniors": They've been around for a while and know all the do's and don'ts to keep their job. They passed the rookie phase and now they realize the mess they're in. It makes them sick but they fake it to make it until something better comes along. Usually they're the bread winners at home or single parents and can't afford to leave their job.

3. "The Cult": The Illuminati of The Connor Group. Usually they're the ones that been around the longest. You know the type..their face is on the website, the new hire folder and any other photo op they can catch. They volunteer to organize every company event. They have no clue what's going on because they drunk too much Connor Group Punch. They believe that this is the best company on planet earth and with probably take a bullet for their superior. Be careful. The disease they carry is contagious and it's hard to get rid of.

They will entice you with the great pay, the benefits, the culture of the company, all the rewards & gifts they throw at you but that's called a "bait and switch". If you live in Atlanta and you desire to work your way into the industry then TCG may be a good option. Learn as much as you can, gain the experience and leave. All that glitters is not gold. Attend every party and every event, you will quickly learn who to stick by to get ahead but REMEMBER learn what you can, gain the experience and get out.

There are newer employer reviews for The Connor Group