There are newer employer reviews for The Connor Group

Best job I've ever had!

Current Employee - Upgrade Technician in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Upgrade Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Year round work, good compensation, company willing to reward you for work that goes above and beyond what you are suppose to do, professional staff, many locations to keep you close to home as possible, many opportunities for advancement and advanced training.

Cons

Depends on the property but being on call for emergencies on the weekends can be rough, really tight deadlines, and sometimes you have to deal with unreasonable residents.

reviews filtered by

Just say NO!

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some really great people work there.
    Pay is competitive.

Cons

It's all about making money, that is the number one priority of the company.
    Some upper management is unethical.
    NO work-life balance.
    You work 2 Saturdays a month - property managers do not get another day off those 6-day weeks.
    If your property is doing poorly, you will be expected to work Sundays as well (is that supposed to motivate me?)
    Sales consultants are always working off the clock.
    Property managers work very long days - some will be at the office until 10pm at night. (No thank you)
    You have to do a lot of cleaning - I have had to clean toilets, clean up spiders, roaches, dust, mold, poop, etc. DISGUSTING.
    There is no Human Resources Department, so there is no one on the side of the employee.
    Residents are very unhappy with First Billing, so you are always having to deal with that.
    Properties are highly understaffed, both in technicians and sales consultants.
    The sales pressure is unreal! You must meet your goals, no exceptions - and the goals are unrealistic.
    Some upper management (I won't say names) talked down to employees - I mean using curse words, calling them names, etc. - but there is no Human Resources Department
    Doesn't feel like you have job security - the turnover is high all around for all levels.
    Training program is a hot mess - you are definitely not prepared for your role.
    Some of their systems are so antiquated that your forget it's 2013.
    The marketing strategy is cheap and ineffective.
    If you work for the company, don't post your resume on other job boards because they are looking!
    I think the CEO and other executives are just out of touch with what's going on with their properties.

Just read the reviews from actual tenants of The Connor Group Properties. This is what you will have to deal with every day.
    I know this review sounds harsh, but I am not some disgruntled employee. This is the truth, and I just advise you to really think it through before accepting a position with this company.

Advice to Management

Get a Human Resources Department.
    Ensure goals are realistic.
    Do something about your turnover, or you are going to keep losing talent.

2. Great Company to Work For, Many Opportunities for Advancement!

Current Employee - Lead Tech in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Lead Tech in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

From personal experience this company has been great to work for. I stated almost three years ago as an outsourced painter, and after a few months was hired on as a full time upgrade tech at one of the initial properties that started a full fledged upgrade program. After succeeding at that I was then given the opportunity to become the lead tech over a great property in Cincinnati. I have really enjoyed the work I have done so far and really look forward to what the future holds. The company demands a lot from every employee, because of what they expect. Every employee is held to high standards, which can be difficult to achieve at sometimes, but dedication really pays off. It goes back to the core values, if you work hard, you will be recognized and rewarded.

Cons

At times you will be required to work long hours. The company requires your very best at all times. As a lead tech you will work long hours at the beginning of A/C season and at the beginning of furnace season. The company does demand a lot from everyone, which can be very taxing at times. At times it is difficult to keep your cool, but if you can get through some of the arduous tasks it can be very rewarding.

Advice to Management

Upper Management is usually very compassionate to problems that may occur at the property level. However some of the issues that arise are out of the techs control. Management could be better at understanding the difficulties that we go through on a day to day basis.

There are newer employer reviews for The Connor Group