The Connor Group

www.connorgroup.com
  www.connorgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Connor Group

Professional growth beyond what I ever thought possible

Current Employee - Profit Center Manager in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Profit Center Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Experience managing your own business with all the tools and resources to make it a success, People Count! Competitive pay,(no matter what industry you come from) your leadership skills are put to the test and developed to a new level, Semi-annual awards banquets that recognize the best of the best, on going training from proven leaders within the company in a multitude of different positions.

Cons

Gaining the kind of extensive career growth and experience that The Connor Group offers will not come with a 9-5 schedule. Be prepared to work long days and at least 2 weekends a month (maybe more if YOUR business needs it).

156 Other Employee Reviews for The Connor Group (View Most Recent)

Best job I've ever had!

Current Employee - Upgrade Technician in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Upgrade Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Year round work, good compensation, company willing to reward you for work that goes above and beyond what you are suppose to do, professional staff, many locations to keep you close to home as possible, many opportunities for advancement and advanced training.

Cons

Depends on the property but being on call for emergencies on the weekends can be rough, really tight deadlines, and sometimes you have to deal with unreasonable residents.

Just say NO!

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some really great people work there.
    Pay is competitive.

Cons

It's all about making money, that is the number one priority of the company.
    Some upper management is unethical.
    NO work-life balance.
    You work 2 Saturdays a month - property managers do not get another day off those 6-day weeks.
    If your property is doing poorly, you will be expected to work Sundays as well (is that supposed to motivate me?)
    Sales consultants are always working off the clock.
    Property managers work very long days - some will be at the office until 10pm at night. (No thank you)
    You have to do a lot of cleaning - I have had to clean toilets, clean up spiders, roaches, dust, mold, poop, etc. DISGUSTING.
    There is no Human Resources Department, so there is no one on the side of the employee.
    Residents are very unhappy with First Billing, so you are always having to deal with that.
    Properties are highly understaffed, both in technicians and sales consultants.
    The sales pressure is unreal! You must meet your goals, no exceptions - and the goals are unrealistic.
    Some upper management (I won't say names) talked down to employees - I mean using curse words, calling them names, etc. - but there is no Human Resources Department
    Doesn't feel like you have job security - the turnover is high all around for all levels.
    Training program is a hot mess - you are definitely not prepared for your role.
    Some of their systems are so antiquated that your forget it's 2013.
    The marketing strategy is cheap and ineffective.
    If you work for the company, don't post your resume on other job boards because they are looking!
    I think the CEO and other executives are just out of touch with what's going on with their properties.

Just read the reviews from actual tenants of The Connor Group Properties. This is what you will have to deal with every day.
    I know this review sounds harsh, but I am not some disgruntled employee. This is the truth, and I just advise you to really think it through before accepting a position with this company.

Get a Human Resources Department.
    Ensure goals are realistic.
    Do something about your turnover, or you are going to keep losing talent.

There are newer employer reviews for The Connor Group