The Earl of Sandwich

It wasn't what I expected

Former Employee - Worker  in  Anaheim, CA
Former Employee - Worker in Anaheim, CA

I worked at The Earl of Sandwich full-time for less than a year

Pros

the sandwiches are the best thing about earls

Cons

how they run things. its a zoo

6 Other Employee Reviews for The Earl of Sandwich (View Most Recent)

Unprofessional, Disorganized, Unsanitary, Flexible Scheduling

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at The Earl of Sandwich part-time for less than a year

Pros

They will work with you if you need a flexible schedule for school or another REAL job. If made correctly the sandwich is amazing.

Cons

1- the restaurant is not as clean as you would like or it may seem. Ive worked in this industry for 10+yrs and am completely disgusted by the lack of sanitation and food handling at this place. The health inspector came and I got excited thinking he would point out the problems, NOPE. He walked to the back of the store for 5 min then sat in the corner for 45 MINUTES!! I The food is not kept to temp and cross contamination is COMMON. If you have any serious allergies, DO NOT EAT HERE!
    2- the managers. where to begin? people just get promoted if they've been with the company for longer than a yr it seems. they have no management training, unprofessional, LIARS, they will steal your tips so do not make any delivers especially in your car. if there is any conflict between employees don't expect management to help because whatever they say wont get done anyway (not even through HR). While I have not personally been involved I see daily bullying of employees because a manager would be overwhelmed. The worst part is they will do this in front of guests also. Ive had a guest come to me and ask "What did he do that was so bad? Did you hear that? Is that how she talks to everyone?". lack of management experience also makes them harder on employees for little things, like taking anger out on employees because they forgot to order turkey....
    3- team members pretty much do what they want. if that appeals to you consider when you want to clock out to go home and no one will authorize it so you cant, or you order food but you see everyone talking and walking past your order on the screen, you come in to eat and their is garbage all over the kitchen floor and on the counters where they are making your sandwich. YUCK! be cautious of coworkers with attitudes and are spiteful enough to sabotage your work shift. yes i've seen people get fired because of another co-workers lies. its sad because their is not chance at establishing work here. get in, get out then go home.

Seems like the entire company is winging it.

RETRAIN EVERYONE. If you do not tell your employees what their job is and how you want it done, how do you expect them to complete the task? Also if you do this and they still are incapable of doing the job, fire them and find someone who can and wants to do the job.

Managers absolutely disrespectful, rude, and very unprofessional.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Orlando, FL

I worked at The Earl of Sandwich part-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pro about this company is that in the headquarters restaurant in Orlando, there were good hours and flexible to those who were attending high school and college. That's it.

Cons

Supervisors are very unprofessional. In my experience, a supervisor told me to Shut the f**k up while I was calmly sticking up for another employee during my break time. I explained to the GM what happened, they said they would take care of it, but never did. Absolutely horrible treatment to the employees, and verbal profanity constantly used (including around guests). Most definitely not worth it.

When hiring supervisors to your HEADQUARTERS restaurant of the country, make sure they are professional and kind to their employees, not cursing up a storm all the time and downgrading the employees.

There are newer employer reviews for The Earl of Sandwich

Worked for The Earl of Sandwich? Contribute to the Community!