The Entrepreneur's Source

www.entrepreneurssource.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Entrepreneur's Source

Business and Franchise coaching services

I worked at The Entrepreneur's Source

Pros

Work for yourself. Work to your schedule

Cons

difficult to find paying clients. No base salary - you only get paid when you sign someone up for a business coaching service or help them purchase a franchise.

This franchise requires strong sales skills to do well. Don't let people join who have no sales experience or aptitude for sales.

6 Other Employee Reviews for The Entrepreneur's Source (View Most Recent)

A truly educational and inspiring experience.

Current Employee - Bookkeeper/Editor
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper/Editor

I have been working at The Entrepreneur's Source full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

We have an amazing team to work with. Over the years, many have come and gone, and I've made lifelong friendships in the process. Being an entrepreneurial company, everything is constantly changing. With that comes great opportunity to improve yourself and learn new skills all while bettering the company itself. We are constantly taught that change is inevitable, mistakes will be made - but we grow from all of it. I'm in my 6th year here, and I still love coming to work every single day. I'm grateful to have a job, but I'm lucky to have this one.

Cons

The constant change and staff turnover mentioned above has a tendency to make for a heavier workload, confusion around how to do certain tasks and even who is supposed to be doing said tasks. Again, though, this keeps things in constant motion and draws us all closer as a team / unit. Even better, work is NEVER boring and stale!

I've always thought it would be great if team members could attend a full training week with new franchisees. This would really help us learn all aspects of the company - a 360-degree view.

A contemporary 30 year old company helping people to become business owners

Former Employee - Vice President of Business Systems in Southbury, CT
    Former Employee - Vice President of Business Systems in Southbury, CT

I worked at The Entrepreneur's Source full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My time at The Entrepreneur's Source (and FSBI) were some of the best years of my career. As VP of Business Systems, I was impressed by the technology provided to the franchisees (who are business coaches), but also inspired by their determination to help tens of thousands of people find their ideal business or franchise opportunity. The founder of the company, Terry Powell, was always engaging franchisees in the decision making processes and I would report back to franchisees, regional developers and franchise committees about current and future project development which they were actively involved with. It is truly an entrepreneurial culture and one that pays much respect to continued learning and education.

Cons

Because the corporate staff is fairly small, responsibilities sometimes seemed endless. At no time did I ever feel compelled to say "that's not my job" but others struggled with having to be engaged with tasks and priorities that might not normally fit under more common job descriptions.

For the future, I believe management should be more open to telecommuting and flex-schedules for experienced staff members that have proven themselves trustworthy. And the requirements around paid time-off and vacation days were more restrictive than any other employment I've had causing conflicts for many.

There are newer employer reviews for The Entrepreneur's Source