The Field Museum

www.fieldmuseum.org

Exciting, creative and fun - the perfect internship

Exhibit Development Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat opportunity for ownership of your own projects and creativity in completing them. Supervisors give you a lot of freedom to do project planning, and to expand your projects to fit your interests.

Good feedback from and access to the team and supervisors.

Feel like you are doing meaningful work - helping build a learning environment and public resource for the city.

You get to be behind the scenes at one of the best museums in the country! You can see the research behind the scenes, understand how decisions get made, and preview exhibits before they are opened.

ConsBudget cuts - with the current economy, there was no prospect of being hired on full time in Exhibitions. Most of the current staff has been laid off or has voluntarily left for the same reason. The many interns and volunteers that are crucial for the research, audience surveying, and other activities that are critical for developing exhibits end up very committed to the museum - with nowhere to go.

Field Museum, Chicago

PR Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at The Field Museum

Pros: Definitely a sense of pride comes from working for an establishment like the… Cons: Not given much challenging work Advice to Senior Management: continue to challenge employees with new projects, get them involved… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Being a part of world-class research institution and a Chicago treasure is inspiring and challenging - in a good way!

Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at The Field Museum full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Contributing to the museum's mission of research and education is inspiring and rewarding. No role is superfluous so know the work you do really… Cons: No one ever chooses to work at a non-profit for the pay. That being said, the pay was a challenge and a frequent complaint… Advice to Senior Management: Continue efforts to increase channels for internal communication and transparency.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on The Field Museum.

Worked for The Field Museum? Contribute to the Community!