There are newer employer reviews for The Fountain Group

unprofessional staff, lacking in basic communication skills

Pros

they were a gateway to a major client in biotech

Cons

I'm writing this review as a job seeker candidate. I have dealt with this firm on and off for a few years for contract jobs at a Major pharma firm on Broomfield, CO. I was submitted in OCT 2012 and now in JULY 2013 they want me to interview within 2 hours! They have never checked in with me regarding the role or its status until now, and all of the sudden its urgent. Once I interviewed (phone screening) I was told they wanted to hire within 5 days, well, here it is 2 weeks later and the recruiter has conveniently disappeared once again with no word to me regarding my status as a candidate. I have had to reach out to the account manager via LInkedIn to get any response! If it was not a matter of a competing offer from a FT/Perm job I would have ignored their unprofessionalism but now that there is a timeline its important to know where I stand and they have failed to represent me professionally. Oh, and another kick, they told me my rate at 60 per hour then tried to change it to 50 at the last minute. Also their web site sucks. There is no direct chain to the hiring firm, it's 1) recruiter, 2) account manager 3) hiring firms HR 4) hiring manager. A LOT gets lost in the chain! AGAIN, their communication is awful. Picking up the phone is unheard of for them.

Advice to Management

Its pretty bad when a job seeker has to make several attempts to contact your firm when YOUR making money off me!!! Professionals seeking jobs via Fountain should look elsewhere for representation, as your firm is too layered and needs basic client relations and communication skills training.

Other Employee Reviews for The Fountain Group

1. Great place for long term IT employment

Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Fountain Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The team at TFG is very engaged with high end assignments for their clients. I have been able to work in premium areas. My co workers have been very professional to work with over the past two years.

Cons

It is difficult to have your suggestions on improvements taken into consideration. It seems like everyone is very busy alot so that creates challenges. I would also like to see matching 401K plan.

Advice to Management

create a peer advisory council.

2. Worked at TFG for two years: overall positive, room for growth, must be very driven in order to succeed.

Former Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I worked at The Fountain Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team has a family-like environment and generally look out for one another, though it definitely is a competitive industry and you must be driven in order to succeed. Management is friendly and willing to help you succeed if you're willing to put in the effort. The pay is good and the commission structure is more than fair. TFG has grown tremendously and more than doubled their revenue in the last few years.

Cons

A lot of cons from a couple years back have been rectified, and they are constantly looking at ways to better serve their clients and be a place their employees want to come to work. Sometimes you'll find yourself working positions that aren't as fresh or viable as you'd like, but that's the recruiting industry for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, the changes are great and leading to a strong boost in morale.